Frontier 90: Fit issues in 2010 (or 2011) Impreza, CRV, or RAV4?

jlpoirier

Hello all,

We are planning on adding a second car to our family, and we already have two Britax Frontier 90s. They are currently installed outbound in our 2010 Forester. We expect to move them between the Forester and our new car, as they as so quick and easy to install/uninstall (which is why I bought them).

Before we buy our second car, however, I figured I'd check to see if there are any known fit issues with the Frontier 90 (or earlier versions) and the 2010 (or 2011) Subaru Impreza, 2010 (or 2011) Honda CRV, or the 2010 (or 2011) Toyota RAV4.

If you own the Frontier and one of these cars, even a earlier model of Frontier or a slightly older/newer car, I'd love to hear about your experience!

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

bubbaray

I have a FR85 in a 2010 RAV4. Fits great. I have to have the second row slid back, but no complaints. To use the TA, you install the seat, slide the vehicle seat forward to access the TA and then slide the vehicle seat back.

jlpoirier

I have a FR85 in a 2010 RAV4. Fits great. I have to have the second row slid back, but no complaints. To use the TA, you install the seat, slide the vehicle seat forward to access the TA and then slide the vehicle seat back.

Thanks for the fit info, and for the installation tip! I clearly don't know as much about the RAV4 as I thought I did, since I had no idea the 2nd row of seats slid....well, anywhere! I will have to look into it.

Anyone else have Impreza or CRV info?

DawgDad

Where are you worried it will fit? Height or width? Are your headrests removable in the back? My problems in my car are usually a combination of the both ('14 Ford Fusion).

aporthole

I can't remember off the top of my head but in either 2011 or 2012 the CR-V changed to non adjustable/non removable headrests in the outboard rear seats. I had a 2008 which had removable ones and my dad has a 2011 or 2012 and they are not removable and super annoying. They make forward facing seat installs awkward.

jlpoirier

I can't remember off the top of my head but in either 2011 or 2012 the CR-V changed to non adjustable/non removable headrests in the outboard rear seats. I had a 2008 which had removable ones and my dad has a 2011 or 2012 and they are not removable and super annoying. They make forward facing seat installs awkward.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

jlpoirier

Where are you worried it will fit? Height or width? Are your headrests removable in the back? My problems in my car are usually a combination of the both ('14 Ford Fusion).

I don't know what the problems might be, height or width (or both!) - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't setting myself up for problems by buying a particular car and then being unable to use our carseats with it!

We are most interested in the Impreza, so would love to hear from anyone who has a pre-2012 Impreza (year the model changed) and a Frontier of any stripe.

msg221

If you can, just bring your FR90 with you and try it out in the cars. That is what I did with mine when we went car shopping a few months ago. I also did not want to find out after the fact that there would be issues with my seats!

jlpoirier

If you can, just bring your FR90 with you and try it out in the cars. That is what I did with mine when we went car shopping a few months ago. I also did not want to find out after the fact that there would be issues with my seats!

Yes! I absolutely should have done that, but unfortunately, it did not occur to me when we test drove the Imprezas last week. And since the dealership is so far away, we weren't going to go look again - we would only go back if we were planning on buying one.

meljc

12 or 13 I think, my FIL just swapped his 09 crv. The new one sucks for a few reasons. Haven't tried ff, but for rf the split lower anchor has been moved to the drivers side and the rear seats are now fixed position. Ill keep my 07, thanks :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC