Pria tiny fit question

mominabigtruck

I just started using the pria a couple weeks ago for dd2 and from the start have not been happy with the fit. She is maybe barely 17lbs completely dressed soaking wet but she seems way too big for the tiny fit but the manual says it must be used until 18lbs. She's not big at all, wearing 6-9 month clothes but the straps are a good 3 inches below her shoulders and I'm having problems with them slipping off her. Also, the crotch strap is super short and I really have to work to buckle it.

I going to say I'm not positive on her weight because I have an old style scale and I have to weigh her with me. Would you feel comfortable taking the tiny fit out since the regular pria is rated from 9lbs? Or do I need to switch out to the radian which I'm really starting to hate?

ADS

MotoMommaNH

If the Pria is rated from 9lbs, I wouldn't hesitate to take out the tiny fit and use as is. You could call Dorel and ask if that's ok.

CMeMeC

I would recheck the wording in the manual. They can be so confusing. I would make sure it means must be used until as opposed must be removed after 18lbs. Then I would check the fit with and without and go with whichever fit was best. Isn't it the same seat, anyway?

MotoMommaNH

http://corporate.djgusa.com/product_instructions/en/43585273D.pdf

Page 13 gives you guidelines on the weight minimums and maximums. According to this you can use without the Tiny Fit @ 9lbs (like you said) and it just so happens you can use the Tiny Fit up to 22lbs.

Page 16 gives guidelines on when you MUST use and must NOT use it. Don't let that confuse you though.

Finally on page 22, it states if the lowest harness slot is above the shoulders you have to use the Tiny Fit

hope that helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC