Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New Diono Seats are on Amazon

The new Diono seats are up for preorder on Amazon. The Glacier and Sunburst are pretty.
    DS 6 years/ 46 inches/ 44lbs riding harnessed in a Frontier 85 and Frontier 90
    DD Riding in a B-Safe

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Diono Seats are on Amazon

I saw those last week. Is the Sunburst one the orange? If so, I kind of liked it. It could be my "Holland" car seat (since a lot of their sports teams wear orange).

I'm wondering if there are any major differences between these and the old Diono seats.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    Gaaaahhh... I don't know which one I want. I wish the Olympia came in all the colors, because I really don't need a body pillow or a 50lb RF limit.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Carseat Crazy

Huh. No pink harness.
    2018 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda5, and 2001 Toyota Echo (we drive 'em forever)
    Kids aged 15-6, but none driving yet. Well, only golf carts.

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teekadog View Post
    Huh. No pink harness.
    I read somewhere that they decided not to make the houndstooth with pink harness.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit

Yes, I've been trying to convince everyone I know to take a look at these seats. And yes, I love the sunburst!

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    I read somewhere that they decided not to make the houndstooth with pink harness.
    -Angela

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Pacifica-Convertible-Booster-Pillow/dp/B00ISS2S9M/"]Amazon.com: Diono Pacifica Convertible Plus Booster Seat with Body Pillow, Shadow: Baby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Rainier-Convertible-Adjustable-Houndstooth/dp/B00ISS2QIK/"]Amazon.com : Diono Rainier Convertible Plus Booster with Adjustable Head Support, Black Houndstooth : Baby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Olympia-Convertible-Booster-Shadow/dp/B00ISS2S1U/"]Amazon.com: Diono Olympia Convertible Plus Booster Car Seat, Shadow: Baby[/ame]

Senior Community Member jennzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    Huge bummer! Loved the look of that on the samples!
    Ryan, 12yo, Incognito
    Owen, 9.5yo, NBB
    Emmy, 9.5yo, NBB
    Quincy, 4, FF'ing Marathon
    Lindsey, 2, RF'ing CCO

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    I think I'll be going with the orange. The husband likes it a lot and I think it'll look FAB with my purple RXT and sugar plum Sureride.

Sadly I have to wait until this fall to get one.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

I know they say it will fit up to 57", but realistically how old could you harness a FF kid in this (average size kid)? I can't remember if I asked this before or not!

I am liking the orange more and more and need a little car seat change in my car! I'll probably wait till there's a sale though. I bet it would last Chase a while because he is below average in size for a 4 year old!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I know they say it will fit up to 57", but realistically how old could you harness a FF kid in this (average size kid)? I can't remember if I asked this before or not! I am liking the orange more and more and need a little car seat change in my car! I'll probably wait till there's a sale though. I bet it would last Chase a while because he is below average in size for a 4 year old!
    In my vehicle (very reclined/inclined seats, so I lose harness height) my 44-44.5" tall 4.5 yr old is on the top slots and very nearly even with them. And I just moved his FR85 to the top slots, skipping the 9th cause he was even with the 8th, so he might be at/above the radians. Again, I lose some harness height with that one in my mom's van. Quinn is outgrowing size 5 shirts and size 6 are a bit too big. YMMV, of course.

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's