Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Advocate soaked by sprinklers

Rough morning here. Dd changed the new car smell in my Ody to Eau de Projectile Vomit. My boys were dry heaving too badly to hand dd a bucket, and I was on the freeway and couldn't pull over. Vomit everywhere.

Came home to clean out every crevice of the Advocate and put it on the grass in the backyard to sun out the smell. Went outside to check on it to find the sprinklers had just turned off and seat is soaked. Seat was naked as the cover and pads were in the wash.

I'll order a new harness set, but any other concerns? Please tell me this seat isn't a goner.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Re: Advocate soaked by sprinklers

It should be fine after replacing the harness/adjuster strap. I'd take the foam out (if you can, you could on the older Britax convertibles) to make sure it's completely dry behind them and call it good.

Sorry for the mess you had to clean up, as much as I hate the 'new car smell' I'd much prefer that to vomit.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by aeormsby View Post
    It should be fine after replacing the harness/adjuster strap. I'd take the foam out (if you can, you could on the older Britax convertibles) to make sure it's completely dry behind them and call it good. Sorry for the mess you had to clean up, as much as I hate the 'new car smell' I'd much prefer that to vomit.
    Good call on the foam!

Thanks for the condolences too. My 7 year old offered to stay home from school "just in case" he happened to be getting sick too. Nice try buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Good call on the foam! Thanks for the condolences too. My 7 year old offered to stay home from school "just in case" he happened to be getting sick too. Nice try buddy.
    Hahaha! Hilarious!