Harness strap covers on GN

coleslawcat

I have just read through the manual 3 times and can't find this, but I remember reading a few years ago that the harness strap covers have to be removed very early. Does anyone know offhand? I would like to use them if they are ok to use, but I am thinking they probably aren't. My son is 3 1/2 and 35 pounds.

ADS

MommyShannon

I've never heard that. The "infant" padding needs to come out early (really any child who fits that padding should be RF), but the covers are fine.

YinzerMama

The parts that keep the straps from rubbing the neck? As far as I know using those or not is personal preference for as long as you like. It's the extra padding under the butt that gets removed as the kid grows.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I believe it was the Nautilus Elite (is that what it was called?) that had that restriction. And they were removed at 40 pounds I believe. It was to prevent head injury as there was increased head excursion after 40 pounds with them left on.

I have no idea if the Elite model still exists or if this restriction still exists on current models.

coleslawcat

Oh, we have an Elite, I better double check that. I bought this seat several years ago, it's been used as a booster for my oldest most recently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC