Urrrrgh!!! Britax!!

seb3244

So I called britax 3 weeks ago told them I wanted to order a chaperone infant bucket seat from them but I wanted it to have a date of manufacture within 6months because I would like to use this seat for the baby I am due with in 6.5 weeks & for 1-2 future babies. They said no problem we will send you one that has a dom of dec 2013 or newer. I said wonderful!! So I paid then waited. 2 days ago I called and said where is my car seat? The nice lady said it will be here Wednesday. I was like perfect going to get car seats checked on Saturday. I also confirmed with her it would have a dom of 6 months or newer and she said yes. Even more perfect.

It just arrived in a beat up looking old box that has old tape in it which most likely means it was bought and possibly used and returned or just bought and returned. But the date of manufacture is 4-10-13!!! Are you kidding me ?! I don't want a seat that is over a year old after stressing concern that I needed dom within 6 months and was told by one britax employee and reassured by another britax employee that it would be dec 2013.

So what do I do? They are closed now but my baby will be here soonish & I need a seat! I can't have them take another 3 weeks to send me a newer seat. And I also can't possibly trust this one since the box has old fuzzy tape on it and a is all beat up.

I am so mad at them right now :(

ADS

seb3244

Laaaaame. Seriously, not hard to check a date and be honest to a customer... But, I'd want the B-Safe more, anyway... http://carseatblog.com/26915/the-safest-infant-carseats-new-crash-protection-ratings-and-methods-from-consumer-reports/

No way?! That is crazy! I actually have a britax be safe (dom dec 2013) already that I haven't opened from a few weeks ago. I got it 25% off and have 90 days to return it if I want to as long as it is unopened. I wanted the chaperone because I thought it had a better crash test rating but after seeing this maybe it doesn't :( I just didn't think I would be able to find a chaperone until I called britax and they said they had some.
so maybe I will just return the chaperone and keep the be safe.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Someone did link a video to one of my old threads but I could never open it and I wonder if this was the same link

seb3244

So I called britax and I could tell by the lady's voice that she was the one I had placed the order with. She assured me that they never give dom when someone orders and I told her that she could look up who was the one that placed my order (knowing it was her) and that person did tell me it would be dec 2013 or within 4-6 months. And then she finally admitted that it was her who placed the order but was denying that she told be about the dom. So I told her I didn't want the one that is over a yr old and she said April 2013 was the only ones they have available for sale right now and I was like that is funny because when I ordered I told you that I want to use this car seat for the baby I am about to have and 1-2 more future babies and that is why I needed it within 6 month dom and you said nothing about April 2013 or I would never have ordered. And I also brought it to her attention that the lady I spoke with Monday when I was tracking my package assured me that the Dom would be within 4-6 months.

She kept trying to get me to open the box. I told her I was returning the box unopened because I don't want to have to pay for shipping and that the box is beat up and has fuzzy old tape on it so it was probably a return & I don't know if someone used it or not. She told me I was responsible for shipping and also for a 10% restocking fee. Then I said no I am not because I ordered a seat with a dom of within 6 months and it's not my fault that you all sent me one that is over a year old.
So I asked to speak to The manager and she said she would put my name on a supervisor call back list and within 24hrs I would get a call back. So now I wait to talk to the supervisor.

This is so dumb. Also really makes me hate britax. Maybe I should stop recommending them.

Vent over thanks if you read this far.

ahgirls

I had good luck with the supervisor after I got done with moron CS. I emailed the supervisor. She apologized & made it right 3 years ago.

ebp913

Is there a reason you buying directly from Britax instead if from like Amazon? Seems like Amazon would make this right much faster not to mention free shipping and returns.

jgomez411

Is there a reason you buying directly from Britax instead if from like Amazon? Seems like Amazon would make this right much faster not to mention free shipping and returns.

I think OP was having a hard time finding the Chaperone in stock anywhere. The one on Amazon is over $300.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC