Diono Public Notice - missing memory foam

ADS

featherhead

I have no idea if it is just Canada. But it is interesting to note that the seat did not pass testing with the 12 month dummy without the foam (I think that's what it said, I read it earlier today). Just a couple weeks ago someone had posted wondering if it was ok to take out the memory foam to give their child a little more time in the Radian. It seems like the answer would definitely be NO!

jacqui276

One of mine is a model number listed but has the foam. I got a recall notice from amazon about it too.

Interesting about the difference in performance without the foam.

jacqui276

That worries me - my foam is all worn out and compressed in our Radians, which are about four years old.

The foam was compressed and really worn out in one of mine as well (the seat is 3 years old). I ended up replacing it with foam from a newer one that was a crashed seat (very minor accident with foam still very much intact but insurance replaced our seats). Knowing that my current Radians still have a ton of life left in them before they expire, I am concerned that the foam in them may have the same issue.

Since it is publicly being mentioned that the lack of foam compromises the safety of the seat, I would maybe call them or e-mail them with photos of your foam and ask if they will replace it.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm curious as to whether the increased loading was while FF or RF or both, so I've inquired of a contact at Transport Canada.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What about the R100? This seat doesn ´ t have memory foam. Why this seat would pass the test and the others no?

The notice lists the R100 as one of the affected models. I'd say if you have an R100 without memory foam, then your seat is affected by this notice (didn't get foam like it was supposed to) and one would need to get the foam from Diono.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC