booster seat??

toddlermom

My DS is 42# and 45in. he will be 7 soon. I need a new seat for him and am overwhelmed at the choices. I was thinking it was time to put him in a booster and I have now looked at so much info I can't keep it straight. His friends are all in backless so his Evenflo convertible is an embarrassment for him and an inconvenience for me when he needs to ride with someone else. Possibly the graco Turbobooster? Thoughts please. Thanks

BTW it will be for extended cab chevy silverado and 3rd row chevy surburban

ADS

veggiegirl228

Do you have a budget? Is there an adjustable headrest where the booster will be? Some seats require the headrest is why I ask.

The Graco TurboBooster is a good seat. It tends to fit most kids well.

toddlermom

I want to keep it as inexpensive as possible while being the safest option. I will spend as much as necessary for safety though. No headrest in silverado but do have them in suburban.

jujumum

The turbo is my favorite budget booster and often goes on sale - sometimes as low as $35 for the high back. The safety surround is more expensive, but also goes on sale often at Target.

Keeanh

With no headrest in the truck, you might as well go ahead with at least one tall booster that doesn't require headrest support, like the Parkway. You want a headrest between him & the glass as long as possible.

MommyShannon

With no headrest in the truck, you might as well go ahead with at least one tall booster that doesn't require headrest support, like the Parkway. You want a headrest between him & the glass as long as possible.
I agree. We have Parkways to avoid the same issue in our truck. If he does well sitting in the booster, you could try him in a backless like the Harmony youth booster ($13) for riding with friends as long as he has proper head support in their cars. I'd get him used to the rules in a high back first though. Going from a harness to backless provides too much freedom all of a sudden for most kids.

aeormsby

I agree. Look at the Parkway or Recaro Performance Booster for taller but not super expensive options. (the parkway is narrower than the Recaro is space is an issue) The Turbobooster doesn't require a headrest either but when I tried the Affix (turbo with Latch) my DS who's about the same size as yours only had one extra click up on the headrest for growing room. On the Performance booster he has 4-5 adjustments to grow. We needed the HBB for as long as possible for our 10 year old truck also.

Mom2natalie

We have the highback Turbooster and the Turbobooster with Safety Surround and both fit my daughter wonderfully. She is six years old, 46 lbs and I think 45 inches. (Can't remember her exact height at the moment.)

My daughter says the plain highback Turbobooster without safety surround is more comfortable. We were able to snag it on sale at Target for $32.00. When it isn't on sale it is $50, so even not on sale it isn't pricey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC