Ugh DD saw the **** Dora seat...

soph's mom

And of course she wants it... Low slots, hard to install... Chances are she's outgrown the harness if it doesn't have the 17-17.5 inch slots anyway... No way in heck am I getting it so I'm the bad guy... Grrr

ADS

tiggercat

I would lose it if I looked in the rearview and caught a glimpse of that creepy Dora. Don't do it, man...

Last edited by a moderator:

soph's mom

Haha! Oh I'm not! Luckily I can say it's too small for her! She isn't even THAT into Dora anymore... Thank goodness it's not Doc McStuffins... Ugh!

ETA- Daddy is in the dog house tho... Would be entertaining to watch him ride around with it in the passenger seat of his truck! LOL (no passenger airbag btw)

Baylor

I remember first trying them out. It was really short.. Glad they improved it. I completely find these seats hideous.. Well unless they come out with Darth Vader. Then maybe...

katymyers

I would lose my shit if I looked in the rearview and caught a glimpse of that creepy Dora. Don't do it, man...
A friend of mine got her son the Batman seat, she said the first time she got into her car at night it scared the day lights out of her and her neighbors two streets over heard her scream.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
One day I needed to get my camera out of the cabinet in my office. There are no windows so it was dark but I didn't bother turning the lights on because all I needed to do was open it and reach in. As I got closer to the cabinet, something was...looking at me. I freaked the hell out, then realized it was the Ninja Turtle seat I'd set there a couple days before.

And yes, the harness height is 17" but...the top slots leave a bit to be desired. They pass testing but they don't look nearly as reinforced as the other slots.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They are on record as saying that the top slots "aren't really intended to be used" because "kids aren't that tall at 65 lbs." o_O

I'm also still grumpy at them for the trolling that they did here when they first started out.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
They are on record as saying that the top slots "aren't really intended to be used" because "kids aren't that tall at 65 lbs." o_O I'm also still grumpy at them for the trolling that they did here when they first started out.

Whoa, where did they say that?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
And you know...there's some truth to that. A 65-lb kid won't fit in that seat. But my 35-lb kid is about an inch away from being over the second slots, meaning that a 65-lb kid might not need those slots, but much much much smaller kids might. ...or do they mean that kids should still be able to fit in the lower slots at 65 lbs?

BabyKaykes

They are on record as saying that the top slots "aren't really intended to be used" because "kids aren't that tall at 65 lbs." o_O

The hell?!

Now I feel the need to take the 62lb, scrawny Mr. No Torso to Walmart ::shudder:: and check out the top slots.

So they're just playing real world crash test dummy with the top slots?!

Baylor

I just don't like the harness straps. unless they changed them too, They feel more like stroller straps than Car seat straps to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC