Question Regular high back Turbobooster vs Safety Surround

Mom2natalie

Hey all.

Last month I bought both for my daughter when Target had some amazing sales. I'd intended the regular HB Turbobooster to be her seat in my husband's vehicle, and the SS to be her main seat.

She consistently says that the regular Turbobooster is more comfortable than the SS version.

Anyone else had their kids say this? I wish I'd known this before I paid the extra $$ for the SS.

We're probably taking a LONG road trip from GA to CO this summer. I wonder if I should just make her user the SS for such a long trip or let her have the regular TB.

ADS

cookie123

I would think the bigger head wings would be better for sleeping. As far as protection, it seems like the kids always have their heads forward of the wings anyway. At least my grandkids did. I don't know.

Mom2natalie

I think they're both good seats. Truth be told I may get a Cambria if the reviews are awesome, and just sell the TB w Safety Surround.

She has an equally good fit in both seats. My daughter said there isn't as much padding for her bottom in the SS seat.

Mom2natalie

Just make sure she can sleep in the regular version because my DD kept flopping over. :eek:

She's napped briefly in it around town, but nothing like what I'm sure a trip to CO will involve. She didn't flop over on those short trips.

I just think the SS would be better on a long trip. I wonder if it is the color she likes better on the regular TB and nothing else.

I'll be watching here for reviews of the Cambria. Such a great price and looks like a nice booster.

Mom2natalie

I don't know if is allowed, but I think the back and seats for each can physically be switched.

Interesting point. I need to call Graco and ask. Although i think I read here on the blog review of the SS that its base is a little wider than the reg TB.

YinzerMama

I have only had the regular turbos with the graco pedic foam which they stopped selling and I don't know WHY. It made a HUGE difference in comfort.

Now the weird thing is ALL normal turbos, the affix, and the SS turbos have the row of holes in the front of the seat for the foam to clip into. The foam was in this fabric sleeve with a plastic clip on it with 3 prongs.

We have an SS turbo. Personally I feel the padding in the seat part is the same as a turbo w/o gracopedic foam - BUT there is extra padding off to the side which makes it feel as though the middle is skimpy. I really think it is just in comparison though.

I think the padding where the kid actually sits in the normal turbo and SS turbo is about the same.

I do not personally care for how little padding there is in either, for long rides. I have not decided if we are keeping the SS turbo yet. If we do I will be clipping in the gracopedic foam - and I suspect they would say officially not to but the holes are there for the clips!

I really wish graco would come out with a taller, more padded seat. I think I see the Cambria in our future as well for full time use.

Basic point if I don't think there is much benefit padding wise in switching the bases of the seats as far as padding/actual comfort. Overall I prefer how the SS hugs the child more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC