Replacing seats after accident. WWYD?

jmwesterman

The other day we were rear ended in our secondary car. The insurance company is replacing seats. They don't have to be the same seats just similar in features and price. My question is in regards to my 3.5 year old daughter (4 in September). She is 31lbs and 39" tall. In our primary vehicle she is still rear facing in a marathon which I intend to keep her until she is 4. The kids don't ride but maybe twice a month in the secondary car. Price range being under $200 for the replacement seat would you buy another convertible seat or buy a harnessed booster (I was looking at the Pioneer). As little as she rides in the secondary car I am ok with her forward facing in it. My initial thoughts were to go a head and buy the Pioneer and that way I would already have the booster when she is ready for it (I intend to keep her harnessed at least until she is 6). Or am I overthinking it and should just buy a convertible? I have a 1 year old who I am also replacing a seat for which buying another convertible is a no brainer.

ADS

MommyShannon

I'd get a combo (harnessed booster). You'd still have the option of moving her other seat to keep her RF if you want. That way you can make the Pioneer her main seat when she is ready to FF. Alternately, if you want to RF past 4, you could get something taller right now like a MySize or NextFit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC