Look at the legroom!

natysr

I decided to get Jordan's old Combi Victoria out of the garage and clean it up to get it ready for it to move on to a new home and boy oh boy, The leg room!

This is the seat we replaced with a boulevard. I really like so many things about the Victoria. I loved the multiple recline option, especially reclining on the go without reinstalling it, loved the harness covers, loved the leg room, loved the 7 year life span.

If it only had a slightly taller shell and taller harness height, and EPS foam, and a 65 pound limit....I would have loved to keep it.

It really is a PITA to change the harness height though, there is almost no room to get your hands in there...and I have small hands. Also, the harness pads are sewn to a seperate strap that goes through the harness slot and loops forward through the slot below it, then the actual harness is threaded through the harness pad and into the same harness slot as the harness pad strap. it is weird.

I know that it is a bulky seat, but I really wish they would have improved it rather than discontinue it.

Anyway, since I'm getting rid of it, I thought I would take a few token pictures just for fun.

RF mode
204735061-S.jpg

FF recline mode 2
204734998-S.jpg

FF recline mode 1
204735763-S.jpg

FF upright mode
204735797-S.jpg

Harness height. His shoulders are right at the middle slot.
204736460-S.jpg

ADS

cryswilkins

Wow, I looked at those a while back, because our infant seat was a Combi. Too bad it was a dud of a seat. It looks like he is comfy.

natysr

Wow, that's a ton of legroom! It looks like a neat seat. Is the FF wt limit 40lbs?

Yes, the FF weight limit is only 40.

And the RF is only 30.

The seat really is pretty comfortable and the seating area is wide...it fits my butt in there.

It would also be nice if the FF recline modes 1 & 2 could be used while RF.

But I love the harness pads. They are thin, soft, and are grippy on the back side. They are also relatively long, but the chest clip can be positioned inside the harness pad where the clip comes out slots in the middle of the harness pad. That is great for making sure the chest clip is properly position for a small baby.

mominabigtruck

The victoria looks sooo nice, I really liked my avatar but my mom didn't because it was so heavy and had a puzzle buckle so I sold it on ebay. It was the first higher end seat that I ever bought and I thought it was so great.

Jordynsmama

The victoria looks sooo nice, I really liked my avatar but my mom didn't because it was so heavy and had a puzzle buckle so I sold it on ebay. It was the first higher end seat that I ever bought and I thought it was so great.

Ugh I hate those puzzle buckles. These twins I babysat had cosco ones with those and I spent 20 minutes in the rain trying to figure it out one night.

natysr

Ugh I hate those puzzle buckles. These twins I babysat had cosco ones with those and I spent 20 minutes in the rain trying to figure it out one night.

I actually kind of like puzzle buckles. My friend had one on a seat for her daughter.

The victoria doesn't have the puzzle kind though.

OMG I had an instuction booklet for that seat but threw it away as the seats were not sold here and someone bought it over with they moved here.
They are nice seats!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I hate installing that seat. :p I tried in my tech class and I never could get it rfing. I was ready to chuck the seat intirely by the time I got it out of my car. It looks nice though, very deep.

natysr

I hate installing that seat. :p I tried in my tech class and I never could get it rfing. I was ready to chuck the seat intirely by the time I got it out of my car. It looks nice though, very deep.

Oh it was such a PITA to install. I had given up and went upstairs to cry and then DH took over. He came up 45 minutes later and said it was done. I check it and I swear it was part of the car. It did not budge a single bit. He installed it with LATCH. And it was even on leather seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC