Booster shopping, help me pick

tracee877

So I'm starting to booster shop for DS2 who is almost 6, about 44 lbs and about 46". I don't want to use our combo seats as boosters. I haven't really kept up with boosters so what would you recommend for the following vehicles?

2006 Honda Odyssey - main vehicle - I'm thinking Britax PWSGL or Diono Cambria
1998 Ford Explorer - secondary vehicle, no latch, no side airbags - ?
2013 Mazda Tribute - not sure on airbags, secondary vehicle (grandparents car) - this car needs a seat with latch since I know they will not remember to buckle it when he is not riding with them
2006 Honda Accord - offset latch, has side air bags, secondary vehicle - currently has a Graco TB with SS & latch but can move it to another vehicle

I have pre-ordered the Diono Cambria.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
DD1 and I love the Recaro Performance Booster in our 2005 Odyssey. It works well in a captain's seat as well as third row outboard.

tracee877

DD1 and I love the Recaro Performance Booster in our 2005 Odyssey. It works well in a captain's seat as well as third row outboard.

I forgot to mention I tried one of those and I didn't like that you can't tighten the latch. It slid all over the place. Otherwise it was great.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I forgot to mention I tried one of those and I didn't like that you can't tighten the latch. It slid all over the place. Otherwise it was great.

I'm surprised. We haven't had any trouble with it sliding around. (In fact, it's DD1's favorite booster ever.)

tracee877

I'm surprised. We haven't had any trouble with it sliding around. (In fact, it's DD1's favorite booster ever.)

Do you have leather? I wonder if that's why. I just couldn't get it to sit right. If the latch was tightenable it would have been perfect!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Do you have leather? I wonder if that's why. I just couldn't get it to sit right. If the latch was tightenable it would have been perfect!

Yes, we do have leather. (Do you? Can't tell whether you think that would make it slide more or less than cloth.) I was surprised that they made it flexible but not tighten-able LATCH, but it works just fine for us.

tracee877

Yes, we do have leather. (Do you? Can't tell whether you think that would make it slide more or less than cloth.) I was surprised that they made it flexible but not tighten-able LATCH, but it works just fine for us.

Yes, both in the van and the Accord. I might give it a try in the Explorer though since it has cloth and latch is irrelevant.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC