Curbside Sweethearts

classicseats

Found this lovely bunch on the curb tonight! Love the red straps! For some reason, the adjuster strap is attached to the splitter plate with 3 safety pins on the center seat?

Attachments

• DSC03891.JPG
    DSC03891.JPG
    552.9 KB · Views: 256
ADS

aept

Hold on now, hold on...
Does that blue one say "Eddie Bauer".... I'm surprised it wasn't on Craigslist, being "name brand" and all!
(Hopefully my obvious sarcasm is apparent here.)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Its the Breverra

Also known as the reason grip liner became a staple of a tech kit, LOL.

I don't recall is ever having a red harness though. Teal, yes, but not red, and that cover had a beige harness, I'm positive.

The only carseat I'm positive had a red harness option was an Evenflo Bucket. THis is driving me nuts.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I had that middle Breverra in DH's car for DS... but in a more subtle gray color, not that fancy shmancy EB version. Guess how bad THAT install was in a 2000 BMW without even a top tether? <Shudder>.
Kimberly, I suspect they gained the red hue during a dip in the washer with some chemical or other (DiDi 7 once turned some blue stripes on my white pants to brown, it was the darnedest thing!), and possibly a starchy ironing to try to get them less twisty. I did that on my Cosco HBB, and it helped them for at least a few trips.

Disclaimer, do NOT EVER starch/iron/soak straps. So glad I never had to put ironed straps to the test in a crash. :eek:

classicseats

Wait...what? Where is the adjuster strap even going to? That seat's a rear adjust!

That looks right actually.

You are correct! I didn't really take the time to look at it. It was just thrown into the car seat hoard. It is a bastard setup for sure. Crotch buckle strap is safety pinned to the splitter. The funky adjuster on this seat can be seen behind the headrest on the back. I'm guessing the harness setup is from an 80's seat.

Attachments

• DSC03894.jpg
    DSC03894.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC03895.jpg
    DSC03895.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 83

babyherder

I wish seats still had red and teal harnesses. They look pretty neat! Plus, they have to be cooler than black harnesses in the summer.

babyherder

We could have a car seat building party. Like a Lego party but instead of building with Legos we build with car seat parts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC