New Mazda 5, old Recaro booster (and garage parking! after 8 years!)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Funny, Leah and I are playing in our new car (It's the dark blue M5...so pretty! My last Mazda was a 1990 B2200 Pickup in nearly the same color. Sparklyheartlove, lol), and I grab every seat we own to try them all out, even a Clek Oto that has the same seat pan as an Ollie/Ozzi, just in case she loves it and wants me to buy a new one, and which seat does she decide on? This 8 yo who *almost* perfectly five steps in the third row? (She said the belt rides on her tummy, I'm so proud she's honest, I might not have checked her again after the first inspection where it looked great)...she goes for the Recaro Start. I'll post a picture tonight, but haha, I go from the old airbagless minivan to a new super safe mobile, and she picks a highback. I don't know if this choice will last long, she's also in love with her Safety 1st Go as a backless, or her incognito, though I now need a black one for this car, and put the dark gray in DH's car. She said she'd like the FR80 if it didn't have that 'net' cover, maybe I should post an ISO for the one with less mesh... She thinks our daycare kiddo needs to keep riding in a highback, but doesn't know how he can stand our plasticky cosco, she hates it. gee, high standards, kid :rolleyes:
Annnyway... it's my first new car in almost exactly 11 years. :D There was a huge blue marlin mounted on the wall of the dealership (weird), so we said name it Marlin, but that's a clown fish, so obviously we had to name her Dori. :spit:
I never could get my beastly Odyssey into the garage, it's a 90* turn from our driveway into a single door (three single doors, while everyone else in the 'hood has a double and a single, I feel like the architects really skipped a beat on 'ease of parking' at my house :p), but I just spent 20 minutes driving in and out and yay, I can park it inside.

Anyway, just had to share, I'll get a pic of my booster kid when she comes home.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on your new wheels!! Zoom zoom. :D And yayy for garage parking (extra awesome in the winter to dodge having to scrape snow/ice off the car).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Jean, my first winter here I actually broke my wiper prying it off the frozen windshield. Dum de dum...

Judi, it looks weird! I don't know what to do with that vast expanse of open driveway, lol. Probably add a third car pretty soon now that the boy has his license :eek:

Edit...uh, yeah, we call Karsten 'the boy', I guess it's what happens when you have two sisters, hehehe.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Congrats on the new ride! Hope it serves your family well! :dance:

I still have your other Start (I think it came from you?) and I have a Recaro shield (from Deborah? that I also got from you?) Forgive me if I'm hallucinating - it's been a while.

Congrats on the garage parking thing! We have a 2 car garage but I don't think we've ever parked any of our daily rides in it. :rolleyes:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Congrats! I can't believe you still have a Start, lol! I bought Darren's, but dh hated it so much (insert whine about having to lock the shoulder belt lockoff) that I had to sell it. It had great leg support and that lovely Recaro fabric. Sigh.

We'll definitely need pics of the car!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Only thing I park in our garage is children. Could use some tips on UNparking them actually. I don't wanna do dishes. I also have a Start. My one car seat regret is not buying one sooner. My kids LOVED it. I didn't' know anyone actually regularly used the lock offs though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC