Is Radian still the narrowest?

jennzee

Q still has so much room in the CCO that I've kind of dropped out of the convertible game for a while....there hasn't been a need to think ahead, so I haven't. But, with another one on the way, it's been on my mind again. The only thing I know for sure is that we're going to need to go as narrow as possible to allow easy tumbling of an outboard seat to gain access to the third row.

Is the Radian still the narrowest? Will the new Diono releases be comparable in width? Any other very narrow seats to consider? Price isn't really much of a deterrent, but I don't want to overspend if I don't need to.

Also, will the low profile of the Radian seat be the best bet for access to a low, fixed buckle stalk for a booster rider sitting next to it? What are the best backless boosters for puzzling next to a Radian? Or any other narrow seat you might suggest?

ADS

T4K

I think technically the Foonf is more narrow?

I had a radian forward facing next to a recessed buckle stalk and it was very difficult to buckle. I don't remember problems when the seat was rearfacing so that may have been better.

CarSafetyGuy

The new Radians are comparable to the old ones, yes; it's the same basic design, but with greater reinforcements in the higher two models.

jennzee

What vehicle does this need to go in?

'07 Durango.

What I envision (we'll see how feasible it actually is) is having two boosters in the third row (unless I can find a way to comfortable fit 3 boosters back there without having to climb back and help everybody buckle all the time). In the second row would be two RF'ing convertibles (possibly a KeyFit for the first few months if it fits)...we currently have a Coccoro which would eventually be for the baby and we'd move Quincy up into something with higher limits. The convertibles would have to be outboard and center, so that the other outboard seat could tumble to gain access to the third row. So, whatever goes in the center needs to be narrow enough to allow that outboard seat to tumble next to it, as well as narrow enough to fit in the narrow center seat. Then there will be a third booster (backless) in that other outbound seat that will have to be pulled in and out each time we get in the car...so hopefully I can find something that will work well for DS1 that won't require a lot of configuring with the seatbelt so that he can handle it on his own, as well as something that will puzzle nicely with the convertible next to it.
Does that make sense?

I know a Radian will fit in the center seat, as we've had an 80 there in years past. I'm just not sure if the upper portion will be too wide to allow the outboard seat to tumble. The CCO will fit there, I'm pretty sure with plenty of room to tumble, but if I can keep that outboard, all the better for putting a smaller baby in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC