Already kid? :(

Keeyamah

Just a couple days ago I moved my FR85 to the top slots for my 4.5 yr old. Now, I lose an inch of harness height when it's installed, so keep that in mind. But he was even with the 8th slot, so I decided to skip the 9th and just go all the way to the top. I also have a Sureride for him, though I need to call Evenflo about a longer harness for it (it's one of the originals with the short harness and long loops). And he's booster training with me and doing ok, but we haven't gone any longer than a 30 minute ride yet. Sigh, dang big kids.

Oh, and I just moved the harness on my RXT's for Sean to the 4th slot for him RFing :/.

ADS

abigaylebelle

I'm glad there are such tall seats out these days though. Several years ago big kids were basically out of luck when it comes to larger seats. If your ds does well on 30 minute rides I bet he will be okay in a booster by the time he outgrows his harness. If he is not I think the frontier 90 is a little bit taller than the 85.

Also isn't it interesting how much variation there is in seated height? I am always amazed at how differently kids of the same age fit in seats.

Keeyamah

Yeah, in the days before the HWH seats we have now, he would have been in a booster at 2.5, when he hit 40lbs and 40". I don't want to think about when he might have had to go FFing (although I lost the fight to keep him RFing with my DH shortly after he turned 2, but DH is fine with Sean RFing until he maxes out his RXT's :) )

CarSafetyGuy

It's great that we have more options now than before, but it's maddening how limited our options are compared to in, say, Sweden. Every child should be able to rear face at least until 55 lbs, as is the case there.

Keeyamah

At least we're getting closer, with the Foonf and the new Dinono seats going to 50lbs. But it would be nice to have some more budget-ish options as well. But I don't know how much those seats are over there compared to over here, if that makes sense?

MUTigers

Um, yeah. I'm scared to have a boy. DD is 95th+ percent for height and weight. I'm hoping she makes it another year RFing in her RXT. DH has a cousin whose son is 8 (almost 9) and is easily the size of the average 6th grader. I'm sure he would easily 5-step in my small car. DH is 5-6" taller than his cousin and easily 100lbs more. I'm a few inches taller than the cousins wife and about the same weight. I'm going to be happy to get a male child to 3 RFing, it's just insane how big the boys in this family are!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC