Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: My new ride!

My new ride!

A 2014 Honda CR-V EX. I had pics in another thread I made when trying to decide whether to get another car or not but decided to start this one since the pics were buried in that old thread. I have actually have had it for three weeks now. I love it so far. Some of you may recall that in December I got a 2014 Honda Accord EX. Well, after driving it for 3 months I just wasn't loving it because I missed my SUV. I sucked it up though and just dealt with it. Well, my sweet DH knew how much I missed my SUV so one day after work he stopped by the Honda dealership on his way home from work and test drove the CR-V. He then called me and asked me to drive down to test drive it. I finally gave in and went down there and the next thing I knew, DH was trading his paid off, never-going-to-part-with-it truck for the CR-V! He now drives the Accord and is very happy with it, especially the awesome gas mileage he is getting. I love having my SUV again. The only thing I don't like is not having the push button start. We have it in the Accord and it is offered in the Civic EX, so I can't fathom why Honda doesn't offer it in any of the CR-V 's! I got spoiled with it!

I have a FR90 and an Argos installed in it right now and both were super easy to install. I also love that the LATCH anchors and seat belt stalks aren't buried in the seat like they are in the Accord and I love that the seat belt, stalks are rigid, which will make buckling boosters so much easier!

ForumRunner_20140415_113129.png

Anyway, I love it aside from still having to use a regular key, especially the color of it ("Mountain Air Metallic. ")

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Beautiful!!!
    -Angela

Carseat Crazy
    I love that color!

Re: My new ride!

The color is what really drew me to it! It's different and not so common. It's a pretty blue-green color. My second choice was the Basque Red Pearl but I really wanted the black interior with the red exterior but when you go to the EX, you have to get a beige interior. I don't know why they do that! All of the other colors were the boring neutrals: black, white, gray.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Nice! We just got the same thing a couple of months ago, and we LOVE it! We went with the Urban Titanium.

Soooo pretty!!
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

Mmm, that's a safe little SUV.

Thumbs up Re: My new ride!

Very NICE!!

C~9/06 Boostered in FR85 Livia & Maui C~2/09 Boostered in GN Daisy & Julia
    Driving in 2005 Toyota Camry & 1994 Honda Accord