How important are matching seats to you??

shashoo

A few weeks ago we found out we were having another girl in august. We have plenty of car seats and so not neeeeed another but I do like matching seats.

Here is the lineup:
My car: baby in licorice CCO and then cow Pav when it can be installed at 30, dd in cow FR85.

Hubby's car: baby in via infant seat and dd in Oobr heart shades.

Extra seats floating around include a black TWE that dd still sometimes rf in and an onyx RA 55 now in aunties car. The plan is when baby outgrows the carrier to put the RA in hubby's car but I kinda want a foonf anyway and thinking I should get a heart shades before they are impossible to find even though they are more expensive than the 2014.

Is the install with seatbelt and latch installed on pre 14 models? I would have to order the crotch strap? Also thinking a flamingo would match just fine but thinking it would be lighter in color. The foonf would also waste a year sitting in my garage waiting for the baby to be big enough.

Help me decide!

ADS

CMeMeC

I like matching seats. Actually, I like black seats. Black car, black interior, black seats. Right now, mine do not match so I am shopping around. I am struggling with booster or harness for my middle kid (6) and rear or forward for my baby (3), so once I am confident in those decisions, I will likely buy some new black seats.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I like my seats to coordinate. FYI, the Heart Shades Oobr looks very nice with the Fucsia Peg convertible. I have this set up in one vehicle. It also looks great with the Licorice Peg convertible (had that setup prior to the Fucsia Peg).

jess71903

Ambassador
I like my seats to "go" but like my kids to like their seats more. I've just now gotten 2 gray-based seats in my gray interior (after having gray seats in the tan interior of my previous car!). Evie's in a Riley (purple and gray) ProSport. Gage is currently in a purple and gray Nauti in booster mode, but has a blue and gray Performance Booster coming. I had an orange and gray Cambria preordered, because that's what he wanted. I admit, the clash of the purple and orange was going to bug me, but if my kids like it, I'm cool with it.

jacqui276

I'm indifferent about my seats matching. I currently have a cobalt RXT and heart shades olli in my back seat. I like fun colours/patterns more than I like matching. To have matching AND fun prints would be awesome though.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I like having my seats match. I won't lie.

But if I had a child with a strong preference and an available seat that would tickle her pink, I'd use it.

I am still ticked off that there are no older-kid and/or higher-end seats that are as adorable as the Minnie Mouse Cosco Apt 40. Why do they save their cutest patterns for their cheapest seats? And I'd buy it in a heartbeat if my daughter would fit in it, but by the time she started expressing a preference in such things (and fell in love with Minnie) she was already too big for the Apt. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Scale of one to ten, zero. I choose the color or pattern I like or let my kids choose. Whatever it ends up with I don't mind as long as I don't hate any of the colors individually.

babyherder

I prefer my seats to match the car interior, each other, and have bright colors and/or fun designs. And fit my car well, be easy to install, fit the kids well, and be reasonably priced. That's not asking too much, right???? I had a matching maestro and tribute in my car for about 6 months. They were black, red, and gray. Red is my favorite color, my car interior is gray, both seats were easy to install and use, and were very reasonably priced. Other than wishing for more red on them I was very happy. Then the little one outgrew the tribute rf and I now have the maestro and an Alma myride. I do have a black and gray cover for the myride that would match the maestro better but its so boooring! Alma is so soft and pretty. So it stays and I keep wishing my maestro would magically turn purple.

shashoo

I prefer my seats to match the car interior, each other, and have bright colors and/or fun designs. And fit my car well, be easy to install, fit the kids well, and be reasonably priced. That's not asking too much, right???? I had a matching maestro and tribute in my car for about 6 months. They were black, red, and gray. Red is my favorite color, my car interior is gray, both seats were easy to install and use, and were very reasonably priced. Other than wishing for more red on them I was very happy. Then the little one outgrew the tribute rf and I now have the maestro and an Alma myride. I do have a black and gray cover for the myride that would match the maestro better but its so boooring! Alma is so soft and pretty. So it stays and I keep wishing my maestro would magically turn purple.

I would love more purple seats! I wanted a Riley recaro prosport when I got rid of my plum RXT but it never happened. :(

I go for ease if use first and then cover second. Hubby and I both have black and gray interior so I steer away from brown seats. Back when I nannied I had mismatched seats that turned into all black and gray seats and I decided then I liked matching. My dd adores her Oobr more for the cover than comfort I think (just no leg support!).

The FR 85 has recently been bugging me since I converted it to a booster but not enough for a new seat. I tried to tell hubby a foonf would give us more leg room in our tiny Subarus but he wouldn't agree with me... Ultimately he uses what seats I put in his car and he does really well with the ease if use of rigid latch.

shashoo

I like my seats to coordinate. FYI, the Heart Shades Oobr looks very nice with the Fucsia Peg convertible. I have this set up in one vehicle. It also looks great with the Licorice Peg convertible (had that setup prior to the Fucsia Peg).

That is good to know :). I do like the look of the peg and hubby can't do puzzle buckles like on the CCO and TWE so I can't put those in there. I had a dream once where I put only puzzle buckle seats in his car and it took him an hour to get the kids ready to go. My dd and I joke with him about it all the time about him not being able to buckle her (she is much faster at it).

shashoo

I like matching seats. Actually, I like black seats. Black car, black interior, black seats. Right now, mine do not match so I am shopping around. I am struggling with booster or harness for my middle kid (6) and rear or forward for my baby (3), so once I am confident in those decisions, I will likely buy some new black seats.

I really liked how the all black recaros looked, midnight was it?? My sisters car could really use one of those. She has recaro vehicle seats in there, so comfortable!!

CMeMeC

Funny you should say that. I have been eyeing 2 proboosters and performance sport in vibe, but the royal blue looks so pretty. If my oldest son would be ok with purple, that would trump black. I really like my recaro seats.

jwilliams

I like matching seats, but mine don't really match. I had a gray RXT with one red Coccoro and one brown Coccoro, in a car with a black interior. Then Diono replaced the RXT and I asked if it could pleeease be purple, and they said yes :)

I'm planning on having a sugar plum Sureride, plum RXT and another coordinating convertible in about 6 months. I wanted a polka dot PVC but then I saw they had older DOMs. It'll probably just be another Radian.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*

1mommy

I am actually thinking about color coating my kids. Oldest's color of seats will be blue, and LO will be red... lol My oldest currently has a red/grey in one car and blue/black in the other, and the LO will have a red Keyfit, so I'm thinking about passing down the red one to the LO when hes ready for a convertible and get a new blue on for my oldest and a new red one for the other car for the LO :) Now hopefully the kids both like the colors I have chose for them or it will throw my whole plan off!

thekatie

If I had children closer in age who would be in similar / the same seats, I'd be all over matching. Match, match, at the very least color coordinate and compliment. As it is, I have a kid in an Incognito, and a kid in a cobalt RXT.

Or, if the colors didn't exactly match, at least having the seats match - I don't know why, but I would love a back seat with a key lime, a strawberry shake, and a carrot cake CCO. Or 2 carrot cakes and a key lime. But all CCOs.

ebp913

My seats don't match but they are all colors that don't totally conflict. I have a green Foonf, Cherry pie CCO and a black Paloma Peg. I like color but I figured that it would be easier for me to try and not match and just pick colors I liked. I'd love to add an orange seat into the mix but haven't gotten one yet.

On your dilemma, if you are sure you want heart shades, I would just buy it now. With a 9 year expiration date, you'll get full use out of it anyways unless you are having more kids. I usually go with buying when you need it but if you know you want that print then I wouldn't wait. I hear you can just order the longer crotch buckle from Clek for like $10.

Athena

I don't consider matching when choosing which seat model. I'm usually glad just to find something that works well for us. However, once the model is chosen, I choose the prettiest, coziest option. I don't want something that matches our boring, drab car interior, but I might choose seats that matched or coordinated with each other if I had the option, but I usually don't and would not choose a seat that didn't work as well for us just to have them match. HTH.

Cryssy Jane

I'm a bit of a coordinator myself. They don't have to match but they need to look decent together.

We currently have a zebra Blvd, a sophia Blvd, a red rxt, and two Congo fr90s

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140415_105000.png
    ForumRunner_20140415_105000.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 68

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC