Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Please Help. Best Convertible Seat for 98 Honda Civic Coupe

Hi-
    My brother has offered to buy us a convertible car seat for my 1 year old. She is 18 pounds and 29 inches long. We have a 2 door 1998 Honda Civic. So no LATCH and small on space. I was looking at the Maxi-Cosi Pria, but not sure. Thank you for any help you can offer.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Hi and welcome! Do you know how long you want to rear face for? Rear facing gas been proven to be 500% safer for children aged 1-2. And is still safer for those above 2, although we don't have an exact number. Depending on budget I would suggest either the Graco My Size/Headwise/Size4Me (same seat just sold at different stores). If budget isn't a big concern I would look at the Chicco Nextfit. Both have an adjustable headrest to help you save space while rear facing, and the Nextfit has lock offs which make seatbelt installs easier. Both should last your daughter until she is ready for a booster. I would suggest you go to a babies r us and try out both seats in your car and with your daughter to see if she has an opinion.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria