Help me think this through...wwyd?

Kamy04

I love debating car seat things ;). Therefore, this is long.

We are thinking of getting a seat for MY dads car. (So grandpa to DS). It would be for pretty infrequent use, though it may get used a lot ths summer.

He knows nothing about car seats, how to install, etc and he would be too afraid to try for fear of getting it wrong.

He drives a Sonata. Not sure what year...maybe 2010 or 2011? It has those annoying sloped seats in the back.

We are getting closer to our noob making his appearance and I've been having some contraction issues, so I think we need a seat for his car. He will also be watching the noob one day per week next school year.

Soooo...I already have a Keyfit (and Coccoro ;)) for the new baby. DS is 3.5, a little over 40 inches and at least 37-38lbs. He RF with us in a MySize70 and R120. He will be FF with my dad. Noob seems like he will be small. If I make it to term (ha!) DS1 was 7lbs3oz.

Do I get a seat that could potentially work for both kids? We could do another MySize70, a SureRide...or in my dream world a Nextfit Zip, lol. It needs to be as idiot proof to use and possibly install as possible.

OR...do I assume noob will ride in the Keyfit with him and get DS the Frontier since that's easy to install and we've been drooling over it? Isn't it getting a fix sometime soon?

Ugh...it's really just a debate of a versatile seat that could be used for both kids if needed (thinking the future) or a dedicated easy to use FF seat.

What would you do/what would your preference be?

ADS

Brianna

If both children will be riding with him at the same time I would probably get a FF seat now. If he's only going to have one at a time then a convertible would make more sense. Will he be leaving the seat(s) installed or only putting them in when necessary?

Kamy04

I doubt he would leave two seats installed (base and FF seat) because he often takes his parents to appointments. I also don't think he'd have both kids without me there to help, lol.

Brianna

What about the Evenflo Securekid 400? It has a very easy latch installation. Hyundai's latch limit is to follow the car seat's latch limit. Does anybody know what that is?

Kamy04

50lbs child, or child and seat?

I've always used seatbelt installs, I didn't even think about latch, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC