Nautilus hurts DS2's back

purplemama

Anybody else have a super skinny kid that complains of the Nautilus hurting their back? DS2 has been increasingly unhappy in the Nautilus. There is a red mark on his back after he rides in it. The cover is pieces sewn together to form a pattern and one of the seams is what's hurting him I think. He's always complained about it but is starting to get a lot more vocal about it. Like non stop every trip.
He likes the seat other wise and so do I. But I would like him to be comfortable. But he's 6. I'm not ready to booster him yet but maybe sometime in the next year? IDK.
I just really don't know what to do. I don't have anything else for him to ride in right now.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Maybe post an ISO for a softer cover? I've never heard of that problem in the Nautilus. It's pretty flat back there, but I can see a seam bugging him.

purplemama

Maybe post an ISO for a softer cover? I've never heard of that problem in the Nautilus. It's pretty flat back there, but I can see a seam bugging him.

I think if he had more "padding" on him it wouldn't be such an issue. But he's so skinny, his little back bone sticks out so much.
I wonder what the other covers are like? I'll have to go look.

sm1982

My average-sized niece started complaining her seat hurt her back. But she rode in a Nautilus in three other cars with no problem. So I took it out and reinstalled it, since then she hasn't complained. I think either the shoulder belt wasn't laying smooth enough or the latch strap had started to bunch up and that's what was bothering her.

cookie123

I recently had the Nautilus apart and it seems like there's something mid back that could be uncomfortable. Like the Latch strap is attached there or something perhaps? I remember thinking I was surprised there weren't more complaints.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC