Mazda 5

ADS

mimieliza

Uh...... We just got the dark blue one today, lol. Once the kids saw it we HAD to have it. Compared to the old beast of an ody, it's a dream to drive. Just took me a week to detach emotionally from the old car and embrace the new one, and we all fit just fine (Leah five steps in the third row! She's so happy!)

Yay! I love the dark blue. My top choice was red, but we bought from a local dealer with only one available in each trim level - and the Touring was silver. They gave us an amazing deal to buy the one they had on the lot, so silver it is! I have ended up really liking it - even the black interior which I didn't think I would like.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How pretty is dark blue one? I haven't seen it IRL, but the pictures are so pretty!

It looks really dark from afar, but up close there is the perfect amount of metallic dazzling glitter in the paint. Right now it's got a coat of pollen and is yellow :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the black interior is really nice, it doesn't seem hot or sticky like it might. And a darker color doesn't get denim stains on it (my last tan interior had a blue driver's seat pretty soon after I bought it, lol). I actually wanted the silver one, but once the kids saw blue, there was NO going back, they all LOVED it, lol.

aept, oddly I could manage the tiny third row situation, since I rarely have all three kids in the car and the youngest still fits with ample room for a few more years... by then the oldest will be off at college. So, there's hope for you, one day in the future :D

aept

aept, oddly I could manage the tiny third row situation, since I rarely have all three kids in the car and the youngest still fits with ample room for a few more years... by then the oldest will be off at college. So, there's hope for you, one day in the future :D

Lol, true. Thanks! ;)

code3chica

Thoughts on this with 4 car seats? We have three kids and are planning to have a 4th soon. My kids are (currently) 4.5y, 3y, and 20 m and we are hoping to have a fourth within the next 12 months. Right now we have an Odyssey and an Accord (3 across), so we would need to replace the accord.... I'mhaveing a hard time letting go of being a complete Honda family....

katymyers

Thoughts on this with 4 car seats? We have three kids and are planning to have a 4th soon. My kids are (currently) 4.5y, 3y, and 20 m and we are hoping to have a fourth within the next 12 months. Right now we have an Odyssey and an Accord (3 across), so we would need to replace the accord.... I'mhaveing a hard time letting go of being a complete Honda family....
I have four car seats in mine. My kids are 5, 4, 2, and 10 months. My younger two are rear facing and my oldest two are forward facing and harnessed. It works well for me, but I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to kid stuff.

nataliem257

If you're used to dealing with a 3 across then 4 seats will be a breeze. Less than ideal compared to an ody, but put the little ones in the back RF and load from the hatch. You'll have to choose your convertibles carefully as far as front to back room, although I don't know of any incompatibilities room is scarce and there's the annoying stipulation in the car manual that you have to have the 2nd row all the way back if you have child restraints in there (which I choose to disregard when necessary as it makes no sense to me). I have had mine 2 years and I love it!

katymyers

You'll have to choose your convertibles carefully as far as front to back room, although I don't know of any incompatibilities room is scarce and there's the annoying stipulation in the car manual that you have to have the 2nd row all the way back if you have child restraints in there (which I choose to disregard when necessary as it makes no sense to me). I have had mine 2 years and I love it!
I've actually called Mazda and asked about that, it's to ensure a seatbelt installation doesn't get loosened by moving the seat.

nataliem257

I've actually called Mazda and asked about that, it's to ensure a seatbelt installation doesn't get loosened by moving the seat.
Oh ok, thar actually makes sense. I usually latch the seats in the captains for that very reason, so i dont have to tighten when I slide the seats. I always figured it had something to do with head excursion, good to know!

mimieliza

I've found the third row very car seat friendly. And I am perfectly comfortable disregarding the rule about having the second row pushed all the way back.

lgenne

Are you planning to buy new or looking for used? The 3rd row seat belts were redesigned in 09 or 10 (someone verify?) and were apparently awful for booster kids and 5 steppers before that. Which might not be an issue at first, but kids grow, of course.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I think it's a perfect match if you will also have an Odyssey. The main drawback with 4 kids is that you have minimal cargo space for longer trips. Since you also have a minivan, you'll be fine around town. You'll just have to make sure your stroller fits!

lgenne

I think it's a perfect match if you will also have an Odyssey.

I couldn't agree more. :) 2013 Odyssey and 2014 Mazda 5 in our garage. We're expecting #3, not planning any more. After we got the Ody, I couldn't imagine doing 3 across, and we needed to replace a car anyway. And we really didn't want a second minivan. The Mazda 5 is small enough that it doesn't qualify as a minivan in my head.

If only it came with power doors, my automotive life would be complete.

nataliem257

I couldn't agree more. :) 2013 Odyssey and 2014 Mazda 5 in our garage. We're expecting #3, not planning any more. After we got the Ody, I couldn't imagine doing 3 across, and we needed to replace a car anyway. And we really didn't want a second minivan. The Mazda 5 is small enough that it doesn't qualify as a minivan in my head.

If only it came with power doors, my automotive life would be complete.

And roof air vents! Thats my only real beef

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC