Mazda 5

mimieliza

I finally did it... bit the bullet and bought a new car. Not just new-to-me, but NEW.

2014 Mazda 5 Touring

I'm so freaking happy. I love it so much. It has FEATURES, that actually WORK! :love:

Seats: FFing Radian 65SL installed with LATCH, and Graco Connext LBB.

Attachments

• 1010138_10152328888541970_7171386305554953109_n.jpg
    1010138_10152328888541970_7171386305554953109_n.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 74
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OMG, I just went to test drive one today!!!! :eek:

Congrats!!!!

I was a little bummed at the lack of leg room in the front passenger seat, maybe it's just something I need to get used to so I can have some zoom zoom and some better gas mileage :eek:

mimieliza

Are you tall? We are a short family, so it's working out well for us. And I like how far back you can push the second row seats when the third row is not in use.

I've driven a minivan for the past six years (1999 Honda Odyssey) so this was quite a downgrade in size, but I am loving it so far. Took a Costco trip today and everything. :)

OMG, I just went to test drive one today!!!! :eek:

Congrats!!!!

I was a little bummed at the lack of leg room in the front passenger seat, maybe it's just something I need to get used to so I can have some zoom zoom and some better gas mileage :eek:

Jackie010307

Nice! We tried one and I really like it but it just isn't the car for us. I'm 6'1 and dh is 6'3. Our kids are on track to be as tall as or taller than we are. If we were shorter I would so have gotten one!

msg221

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like it is perfect for your family.

I didn't realize that it was still considered a "minivan" (at least from a review I read on it). I like that it is more compact than a full size van, especially if you aren't needing something larger.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Mazda technically calls it a "Multi-Activity Vehicle" in their global literature. But they do try to market it somewhat as a minivan to hone in on those sales. But they say it has "unminvan like, athletic styling". ;)

mimieliza

It looks like a minivan, to me, in pictures, but the difference is really obvious when it's parked next to an actual minivan - it's quite a bit smaller. 180.5 inch length, 68.9 inch width, compared to my Odyssey which is 201.2 inch length and 75.6 inch width.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Uh...... We just got the dark blue one today, lol. Once the kids saw it we HAD to have it. Compared to the old beast of an ody, it's a dream to drive. Just took me a week to detach emotionally from the old car and embrace the new one, and we all fit just fine (Leah five steps in the third row! She's so happy!)

aept

We wanted to love it, test drove it (nice!) but just didn't love the third row seats. With three kids, someone would always have to be there.
If we had only two kids the dodge grand caravan would certainly be traded in for a Mazda 5 by now!
I still think about it often, though. I'd love to try one out for a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

lgenne

We have an Odyssey and a Mazda 5. We love them both for different reasons. We're planning a 3rd, but there should be at least 5 years between oldest and youngest, so the youngest should be fine in the 3rd row until the oldest is off to college, I figure. I expect to put RFers in the 3rd row, and leave a captain's chair open in case we want an extra passenger in there ever.

We use the Odyssey for travel.

Ali

Uh...... We just got the dark blue one today, lol. Once the kids saw it we HAD to have it. Compared to the old beast of an ody, it's a dream to drive. Just took me a week to detach emotionally from the old car and embrace the new one, and we all fit just fine (Leah five steps in the third row! She's so happy!)

How pretty is dark blue one? I haven't seen it IRL, but the pictures are so pretty!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC