Another Sureride comparison pic thread

soph's mom

I am in the market for another seat in about 4 or 5 months for temporary use in grandparents cars and to have an extra convertible for the baby later so I finally braved our Walmart to see a sureride in person. I have to move her RXT straps up this weekend bc she's dead even with those (she's already on the top slots in her XTSLs) but she had plenty of room in the sureride. The only reason I hesitate is that she already complained about the straps on her neck in the less than 2 mins she was in there... She was 40 lbs and 40 in January at her last check-up... Don't know her seated shoulder height though.

Attachments

• image-3061287384.jpg
    image-3061287384.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3451004131.jpg
    image-3451004131.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: Kac
ADS

soph's mom

Meeee too! I'd settle for the harness covers. I know some parents have made the parental decision to use strap covers anyway and I'm not sure id do that but I could see myself probably doing the baby socks thing...

I've really watched the threads talking about how tall this seat was but until I saw it in person it didn't real hit me. I know they probably have the straps together for the smaller babies but it'd be nice if they made the top three slots wider apart or something.

I was having a hard time justifying buying a f90 after buying 3 radians but I think the sureride will buy her any time she needs bt outgrowing the radians and booster training... If we can get past the close straps... I think the purple seat will convince her some...

jwilliams

My 4.5yo walked into the garage while I was replacing the buckles on her sisters' Surerides. I had her sit in one for the first time. She has SO MUCH room in that seat! She's 43" tall. She was well below the second to last slot. Plus, she said it was comfy. I'm really happy.

I'm probably going to buy her a purple one this fall so I can hand down her plum RXT to a RFer. She has started riding in a booster for short trips with my mom and is perfect about staying in position, but for a three across... no thank you. Between the buckling and the sister-on-sister shenanigans, I'm keeping her harnessed until around 6 in my car.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*

D&L's-mommy

when we first got the sureride last year for dd she complained about the straps rubbing but after a short period it no longer bothered her. plus its light and super easy to install rf and ff, so its a great option for a seat that will be moved often.

soph's mom

I have two sceneras I use for babysitting kiddos that were my easy grab and throw in someone else's car seats but she has definitely outgrown them now. I love the sturdiness and heftiness of the shells of my radians but I have 3 bc I HATE moving them... I think the sureride would greatly replace the easy to move around seat idea and I wouldn't feel too bad about it being lightweight if I could throw it in a middle position...

I may start occasionally letting S booster train at 5 but I honestly don't see her sitting properly even at that age... The sureride should buy any extra time I need.

Keeanh

Just for kicks, I had my 62lb 52" 7yo sit in the Sureride. The harness was barely long enough, but she had room over her shoulders.

soph's mom

Just for kicks, I had my 62lb 52" 7yo sit in the Sureride. The harness was barely long enough, but she had room over her shoulders.

That's crazy! They really have raised the bar on "budget" seats! There are a few complaints (the close straps, the gap bt the rf and ff slots, and did I read there was a 37" rf limit?) but overall this seat has an amazing range for people without a lot of money needing a long lasting seat... I'm pretty sure I've seen threads where a newbie fit well and from the sound of your child you could easily use it from birth to expiration/very good boostering age only purchasing this seat.

MommyShannon

That's crazy! They really have raised the bar on "budget" seats! There are a few complaints (the close straps, the gap bt the rf and ff slots, and did I read there was a 37" rf limit?) but overall this seat has an amazing range for people without a lot of money needing a long lasting seat... I'm pretty sure I've seen threads where a newbie fit well and from the sound of your child you could easily use it from birth to expiration/very good boostering age only purchasing this seat.
They made it 40" RF, so not too shabby especially for a budget seat! It does seem to fit newborns well. The main thing I wish would change is the expiration. It's perfect for newborn to booster EXCEPT that not all kids are ready to booster full time at 5. It has a 6 year expiration from DOM so if it's already a few months old when a baby is born, it might expire before they are truly ready to give it up. Most people get an infant bucket first though, so that would help. I personally can't imagine buying 1 seat at birth and then not buying anything else for 5-6 years. I HAVE to get new/different seats!

jwilliams

I wish they would get rid of the huge gap between the 3rd and 4th slots. I guess I should send feedback about that sometime.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*

kookaburra

We bought one for our travel seat for our 2 year old, and in general, I like it. But the straps are a bit of a pain to deal with as they twist a lot more than our Britax seats, and DH has trouble getting the harness adjusted evenly.

Sunny_84

Just came across this pic of my almost 5 year old in the sureride. Thought I'd share. He is 45" and 40 pounds. On the next to top but will be moving to top slot soon.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC