Fuel Efficient Car possible 3 carseats

sayer714

I'm just wondering what y'all would recommend. I'm looking for a newer used car hatchback that could potentially fit 3 carseats in it. I've currently got a 2 year old and will have a newborn in July. I'm hoping that we'll keep this one for a while and we do plan to have at least one more kid.

I'm really bad and have hopped from car to car for various reasons, I really prefer SUVs, BUT I'm so tired of the gas (and their price!). I was set on a Honda CRV, but if I can find a hatchback that fits our criteria, I'm more inclined to lean that way (waaay cheaper).

SO, criteria. Newer. Under $14k. Possibly fit 3 carseats in the back. Ample leg room. My husband is 6'3" and 280lbs, so he needs quite the room up front. I'm hoping this car will be my daily driver and our "family car" when we're all home together. For now, hubby can fit both car seats in his Jeep Wrangler.

I am tempted to look at the newer Nissan Versa Note (its legroom dimensions were similar to the CRV) but some online sites have rated it very poorly. =\

TIA!!

ADS

Dillipop

I would get the Mazda 5 with your criteria.

The mazda5 MAY meet your criteria but with how tall your dh is, the front may be too small. My dad who is 6 ft and about 300 lbs doesn't really like to be a passenger in it, though for short periods does ok.

Mary_Ann

I really like my 2013 Scion xB. Plenty of room in front, fuel efficient for the size and trunk space!!!! I don't have 3 across yet but I'm pretty confident it will works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC