How did I never realize this before?!?!?!

purplemama

I was reading another thread and read that there is a seated height limit of 22.5 for the Recaro convertibles. :confused: I have read the manuals over and over and never realized that. But it's in there right with the 1" rule. Must've not paid enough attention.
It makes ZERO sense. It also says that the child's head must be 1" or lower from the top of the shell. Well if the seated height of the car seat is 25" and the child must not exceed 22.5 inches of seated height then there is no way any kid will ever be at that 1" mark.
That's a whole 1.5" lost. And for ERF that's a lot!!

DD2 rides in a Proride and I measured her today after finally realizing the silly 22.5" limit. She's at 20" (well aprox., she's 2 and sitting still to get measured was an issue). So yeah 2.5 more inches. So plenty of room but really? She's just about 2 I was hoping this seat would last until at least 4 for her but now I'm not sure.

I'm just irritated. Off to email Recaro and get a probably non answer.

Last edited:
ADS

Keeyamah

It's a measurement that users here have gotten, it's not actually a stated limit anywhere. It just means that some of us with the seat and a tape measure went and measured it and that is what we got from where the child's bum is to the top of the seat. Like the Radian has a 24" seated height for RFing I think (I'll have to go check) but it's not any kind of official limit, it just means that most kids will outgrow it by the one inch rule by the time they are 23" from bum to top of head (their seated height).

purplemama

It's a measurement that users here have gotten, it's not actually a stated limit anywhere. It just means that some of us with the seat and a tape measure went and measured it and that is what we got from where the child's bum is to the top of the seat. Like the Radian has a 24" seated height for RFing I think (I'll have to go check) but it's not any kind of official limit, it just means that most kids will outgrow it by the one inch rule by the time they are 23" from bum to top of head (their seated height).

It's a stated seated height limit in the Recaro manual. The 22.5" seated height limit. And I get 25" shell height measuring mine just now.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It's a stated seated height limit in the Recaro manual.

I think she's meaning the 25" interior seat height is just a measurement people have got.

But rereading I see she says not stated anywhere and total seat heights aren't stated anywhere. So ya confused by her post. LOL

purplemama

I read the manual so many times. I'm so mad at myself for not seeing this. I would've gotten another seat. Other than the legroom I really like the seat. Not so much anymore knowing the DD2 will outgrow it sooner than I had planned.

Keeyamah

I think she's meaning the 25" interior seat height is just a measurement people have got. But rereading I see she says not stated anywhere and total seat heights aren't stated anywhere. So ya confused by her post. LOL

I think it also how I read the OP, which was that she'd seen it stated as a limit, but couldn't find it in the manual. So I @$$umed it was one of the measurements we've gotten.

abigaylebelle

This is very interesting-the recaro signo g2 manual had the 1" rule and a 37" standing height limit. So there is no 37" limit now? Does the proride measure 23.5" with or without the booty pad? I find that the pad makes a fair bit of difference especially when fluffy and new.

A while back I measured my ds and he had 4" of shell left rf in the recaro (I think no pad) and sitting upright in the house he measured 22" seated to the top of his head. So that is weird.

Having said all of that I bet if your dd is 20" seated at 2 she could still be under 22.5" at 4.

purplemama

FWIW - I measured a Recaro Performance Ride at ABC specifically for this blog: http://carseatblog.com/23355/rear-facing-convertible-seats-measurements-height-limits-weight-limits/

As you can see - I came up with a measurement of 23.5" which made sense to me based on their stated height limit and 1' rule. I don't think the Performance Ride is any different structurally from the ProRide but I could be wrong about that.

Just curious if that was with the bottom pad?

This is very interesting-the recaro signo g2 manual had the 1" rule and a 37" standing height limit. So there is no 37" limit now? Does the proride measure 23.5" with or without the booty pad? I find that the pad makes a fair bit of difference especially when fluffy and new.

A while back I measured my ds and he had 4" of shell left rf in the recaro (I think no pad) and sitting upright in the house he measured 22" seated to the top of his head. So that is weird.

Having said all of that I bet if your dd is 20" seated at 2 she could still be under 22.5" at 4.

I'm hoping she will. But to be honest, I just might make a parental decision with this if it comes to that. But I'm never happy with a seat for long so who knows if I'll even have the seat by then.

purplemama

And yes, I'm totally overreacting ;). I had a really bad day yesterday with anxiety and I'm PMSing really bad to top it off. Realizing that there was a limit I had no clue about really set me off :eek:. I had finally gotten to a place where I was temporarily happy with the seats my kids ride in. I'm a little weird like that. But now I'm not happy again and DH is not happy with me being not happy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC