Diono Radian - how long would it last FF?

msg221

Since a child could remain in it FF as long as the ears are below the top of the shell, at what age would this likely be, especially if the kid is on the short side?

ADS

aept

I'd say 7-8.
I think my tallish 7.5 year old has outgrown one but have not sat him in one in over a year. His shoulders have been over the top slots over a year. He did ride in it that ways few times around that time.
My almost-6 year old is halfway between the top and second-from-top slots and head below shell. He is average or a little bit on the short side. He could probably fit in it for two more years at least, (based on height.)

I'm thinking of Radians without headwings, by the way. The wings would get in the way for a taller child like you are thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

msg221

I am looking for a narrow seat which is why I am looking at the Radian (Again! I used to have one). I want it for Nour because she is still too wiggly to sit in a booster properly. She is only 43.5" tall and 37 lbs. and will be 6 next month. She's more legs than torso. Of course the grandkids could use it as well, but Nour & Zain are in my car way more than the grandkids.

aept

She's just about the same height as my almost-six year old, then. My guy is chunkier though. He's pretty balanced between torso and legs. Sounds like she will fit at least two more years, maybe close to 3 with her short torso.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

lgenne

I am looking for a narrow seat which is why I am looking at the Radian (Again! I used to have one). I want it for Nour because she is still too wiggly to sit in a booster properly. She is only 43.5" tall and 37 lbs. and will be 6 next month. She's more legs than torso. Of course the grandkids could use it as well, but Nour & Zain are in my car way more than the grandkids.

She's slightly shorter than my giant 4yo. He is ALL torso. He has less than an inch of shoulder height left, maybe a bit more than an inch of shell height (even with the top of his ears).

krasota

My son still fit in our RXT RF last year when he was a couple months past six. He was just over the standing RF height limit (44", he was a half inch to an inch over that), but had at least two inches above his head. He's leggy, but he's not short-torsoed in general. And he was about 37lbs.

His BFF is just now outgrowing her SK Radian (I think--her mother bought a HBB recently). She's rather long-torsoed and is just about to turn 7.

Are there narrower combo seats?

Lenae

Colton is slightly taller but several pounds heavier than Nour, he still fits RF in our RXT. As long as Nour doesn't shoot up, I'd imagine she'd get close to 7 if not longer in a Radian. I've heard though that the headwings get uncomfortable for taller kids, so maybe look at the R120?

msg221

Thanks everyone! Of course there are no Radians to be found right now!

Last edited:

liz_legend

We have a Diono Radian RXT for our 2.5 yo that we love. Thinking of putting our now 9 month old in one as well (RF) but wondering if I should get the R120 this time so that we could swap seats/kids since older children out grow them once they get taller (b/c of the wings). Thoughts?

jnamommy

My almost 8 yr could fit FFing it, but he's not very big either. You are welcome to come try one of mine out if you want to check her in it for size.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC