Question Bugaboo Cameleon C3

I'm going with the Bee. I think it'll be the one with the all-black frame. Someone on SQ is selling one, so I think that'll be the one I get. What do you think is the best way to ship it here (NFLD) from the States (MA)?

Now to decide on a canopy color..

Thanks for all of your help, ladies!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
A black framed one will be new enough to have the non-recalled wheels. But you may need to order the wavy washers to stop shimmy. The main thing you need to know is that Bugaboo only warranties their strollers to the original purchaser. So if it still is within warranty period, you won't have any warranty unless they give you the original receipt and if the receipt has their name/address is gets a little more complicated.

So just make sure the price is good enough to account for that. I'm also always worried about counterfeit Bees. There were knock offs being sold on Chinese web sites...but I worry more than others about that kind of stuff. :p

USPS will be the cheapest and least brokerage fees. Priority International service should be good as you can get insurance. Express International isn't faster by enough to make it worth the expense IMO.

If you want me to double check the shipping quote you get, ask for the box dimensions (maybe using a Frankenbox?) and weight and let me know. I get stuff shipped from the USA all the time so I'm always double checking quotes.

A black framed one will be new enough to have the non-recalled wheels. But you may need to order the wavy washers to stop shimmy. The main thing you need to know is that Bugaboo only warranties their strollers to the original purchaser. So if it still is within warranty period, you won't have any warranty unless they give you the original receipt and if the receipt has their name/address is gets a little more complicated.

So just make sure the price is good enough to account for that. I'm also always worried about counterfeit Bees. There were knock offs being sold on Chinese web sites...but I worry more than others about that kind of stuff. :p

USPS will be the cheapest and least brokerage fees. Priority International service should be good as you can get insurance. Express International isn't faster by enough to make it worth the expense IMO.

If you want me to double check the shipping quote you get, ask for the box dimensions (maybe using a Frankenbox?) and weight and let me know. I get stuff shipped from the USA all the time so I'm always double checking quotes.

Thanks! I'll PM you when I get the information from her.

So my Bee got here today! (Thanks Techno for the awesome online store recommendation :) )

I love it! It literally pushes itself. I bought the wheeled board and a few different canopies and cup holder and seat liners as well.. I couldn't stop myself lol.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:

robbertbobbert

Bah! I've been holding off on commenting because I don't have any kids and likely won't for a couple years. But... I WANT A BEE SO BAD.

I think you need to post a fashion show of the canopies/seat liners you got.

Is a Bee *really* suitable from birth? I really like the idea of a stroller with a bassinet, but I don't think I can justify two $700+ strollers. Blerrrg.

Bah! I've been holding off on commenting because I don't have any kids and likely won't for a couple years. But... I WANT A BEE SO BAD. I think you need to post a fashion show of the canopies/seat liners you got. Is a Bee *really* suitable from birth? I really like the idea of a stroller with a bassinet, but I don't think I can justify two $700+ strollers. Blerrrg.

Oh I should!! Some were back ordered on SnuggleBugz so they sent what was in stock to me right away instead of having me wait (they rock), so I only have the black and white canopies at the moment (I've taken the canopy off and changed between the two twice already lol)

It really is suitable from birth! All you need is the "cocoon" accessory, although I'll be putting Luke (3 day old nephew) in it in a few days without the cocoon just to see what the fit is like (sis is cool with it). I honestly think a newb would be fine with blankets and proper body support with the seat fully reclined, provided the harness adjusts snugly around him. It's waaaay more reclined than any infant seat, so I'm fine with it in that aspect.

I'm not an expensive stuff person, but this stroller is beau.ti.ful. and it's so easy to push that I let go of it while pushing it around in my basement and it rolled into the wall :whistle:.. I'm used to a b-Ready, which is a tank compared to this. The wheeled board kicks some serious ass, too. It just flips up and down, so you can leave it on and have it ready for a kid who decides they're tired.

I don't have any kids, either (and won't for a very long time!) but have kids with me all the time, and I've gone from Graco to Zooper to Mountain Buggy to Britax to Quinny to BOB to.. you name it. This is my favorite so far. No shame on my part of owning like $1800 worth of strollers and adapters and parts while being childless ;)

robbertbobbert

Congrats on your nephew (and stroller!). If your sister is okay with it you should post pictures of the fit of him in the bee!

My dream is the black frame with yellow canopy. I saw a lady pushing a limited edition one in the mall the other day, it was a yellow canopy but the underside was white and black stripes... I want it!!

Congrats on your nephew (and stroller!). If your sister is okay with it you should post pictures of the fit of him in the bee! My dream is the black frame with yellow canopy. I saw a lady pushing a limited edition one in the mall the other day, it was a yellow canopy but the underside was white and black stripes... I want it!!

Thanks :love: There's a thread with pics of him on here from when he came home from the hospital.

Sis is totally cool with me putting pictures up (she actually sent me a picture of him in his cow chaperone when they were coming home to put on here because I told her how much you guys love the "coming home" first car seat ride picture). I'll definitely be taking a few pics of him in the bee. He's got amazing head control already so I think he'll do just fine.

I know the yellow you're talking about! There's a blue-ish purple version as well. I can't remember the name, jewel or something? Super pretty. I don't like the LE Andy Warhol prints, though.. and the new Limited Edition canopies look like old carpets to me :duck:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The red flowered AW looks gorgeous with black framed Bee even though it's not my style. And the blue/green flowered umbrella they have? Well they offered it as a very limited Navy chassis Bee with that as a canopy. Only 100 made I think. Was very pretty.

And I so want the "So Many Stars" canopy for the Bee which would look great with my navy chassis and yellow wheels. But they didn't bring it to North America! It's only in a couple countries and I can't find one to get it! Bah!

The red flowered AW looks gorgeous with black framed Bee even though it's not my style. And the blue/green flowered umbrella they have? Well they offered it as a very limited Navy chassis Bee with that as a canopy. Only 100 made I think. Was very pretty. And I so want the "So Many Stars" canopy for the Bee which would look great with my navy chassis and yellow wheels. But they didn't bring it to North America! It's only in a couple countries and I can't find one to get it! Bah!

I haven't seen the "So Many Stars" one, I'll have to google.

You must have the neon edition bee?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC