Question Bugaboo Cameleon C3

I'm selling my b-Ready because I no longer need a double option (selling it as a kit). I'm looking at getting a bug. I have a BOB Revolution SE bought last year for off-roading, but I still need a mall stroller for when I take my friend's baby and (soon) my nephew! (T-2 weeks, we're thinking!). Would a bug work as well as my b-Ready for every day running errands? Price isn't an issue. The b-ready was a little on the heavy side, so i'm looking for something lighter. I don't think i'd need to attach an infant carrier to it, so no worries about compatibility.

Looking for experiences/opinions :)

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The Bee! Completely different than the Cam. I love, love my Bee and it's super awesome for car/mall. It's great for sidewalks too, it's just not a gravel, mulch, AT stroller. Although you can make it through with the wheels locked.

I like that it's light, easy to fold, and narrow for in and out. I also like that the seat is lower so a toddler can climb in themselves (TechnoBaby is in the "don't help me! I can do it myself!" stage).

If you didn't have the Bob, I'd do the Cam but with the Bob, you don't need the Cam.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How old are the kids you'll have though? The Bugaboo ride on board works awesome with the Bee, but you can't haul 2 babies. Nor can you with the Cam.

If you need to haul 2 babies, you need the Donkey!

Thanks Techno!

I'd only have one baby at a time, and K will be 5 in May so he may ride a the buggyboard-type thing if I have him with me and a baby. Nephew would be a newb (though id be wearing him until he's 3-4 mos), and other kids are 1 and 2 years.

The Bee looks really wide in pictures, is it IRL? I don't have anywhere local to me that carries Bugs so I can't put my hands on one.

EmmaGrace'sMom

The Bee! Completely different than the Cam. I love, love my Bee and it's super awesome for car/mall. It's great for sidewalks too, it's just not a gravel, mulch, AT stroller. Although you can make it through with the wheels locked.

I like that it's light, easy to fold, and narrow for in and out. I also like that the seat is lower so a toddler can climb in themselves (TechnoBaby is in the "don't help me! I can do it myself!" stage).

If you didn't have the Bob, I'd do the Cam but with the Bob, you don't need the Cam.
Yep all that! I absolutely LOVE the Bee, and keep coming back to it. It isn't overly wide, but the front is wider than the back so it looks wider. I could measure when I get home. I currently have my hands on an Uppababy Cruz, and the Cruz seems a LOT wider than the Bee.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
21" wide at front wheels according to Bugaboo's web site. One of us can measure to see if that's accurate. Rear wheels are narrower. I like this because you know right away If you can fit in a space unlike the strollers I've had with wider rear wheels and you make it though at the front and then either have to back out or lift and balance to get through. LOL

And it's narrower when folded, 18".

And the height adjustable back is awesome as it adjusts the harness without rethreading. Awesome when using for multiple kids.

Thanks, ladies :)

I just found the Andy Warhol fabric.. darn that's cute.

The Bee is a strong contender now. I thought I had decided on the Cameleon but hearing how much you guys like the Bee, i'm reconsidering! I really like the one piece fold and the lower price point. I'm not sure about the low seat, though. Usually the kids like to be up higher so that they can see, but that's not a huge deal for me. I really need to sit down and make a table of pros and cons for each :cool: .

My b-Ready just went out the door two hours ago so now it's a matter of finding someone in Canada, or who ships to Can., that sells Bugs for a decent price. Techno, you're up North with me, where did you get yours? Online or B&M?

I really appreciate the input! My friends all have Graco/Safety 1st strollers and wouldn't know what a Bugaboo was if it fell on their head ;) You guys are my only resource for opinions!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I ordered online, no Bug dealer here either. I had a really good experience with the store. They answered several questions for me, fixed my order after I screwed up ordering while really tired, answered emails so quickly that they were able to add on an accessory I'd forgotten to order before they shipped, and shipped really quickly. I'll find their name this evening and let you know who it was.

Virtually impossible to find a deal on Bugs online in Canada though. I think Bug doesn't allow sales or reduced prices online. In store, you can sometimes get them to throw in accessories.

Snuggle Bugz carries Bugaboo as well and they always ship strollers and car seats quickly. I didn't order there as I got a special edition that there were only a few left in Canada and Snuggle Bugz didn't have it.

As for the low seat, I used to only buy strollers with high seats and I avoided the Bee for that very reason. Now that I have it, I wish I would have not waited so long to buy it. I just love how non bulky and non obtrusive it is. And the lower seat helps with that feel. And having her to be able to climb in by herself easily makes it more worthwhile. I did like the higher up seats as newborns though, although now I'd probably buy a Bee with the newborn cocoon and be done with it.

bbartlettnfld

I saw your b-ready and tried to encourage my Sister-in-law to buy it but no dice, she is getting a friends BOB Duallie- That is never going to fit in their Nissan Versa!

Anyway I have had almost all the Bug strollers. The Cam, Frog and Bee, I didn't like the Bee as much but then the Bee+ came out right after as the original Bee wheels were funky. I've never tried the Bee+ maybe its totally awesome!

Anyway I will always have a bug and will be getting the Buffalo for number 3 (not any time soon for sure!) I never did mind the two piece food, as the bee unfold was so crappy- It tended to unfold unevenly and I would never notice until Nathan was in the seat. And trying to pull up on it to click it in was a pain in the butt! I also did not like how low the Bee seat was, just not for me.

bbartlettnfld

I saw your b-ready and tried to encourage my Sister-in-law to buy it but no dice, she is getting a friends BOB Duallie- That is never going to fit in their Nissan Versa!

Anyway I have had almost all the Bug strollers. The Cam, Frog and Bee, I didn't like the Bee as much but then the Bee+ came out right after as the original Bee wheels were funky. I've never tried the Bee+ maybe its totally awesome!

Anyway I will always have a bug and will be getting the Buffalo for number 3 (not any time soon for sure!) I never did mind the two piece food, as the bee unfold was so crappy- It tended to unfold unevenly and I would never notice until Nathan was in the seat. And trying to pull up on it to click it in was a pain in the butt! I also did not like how low the Bee seat was, just not for me.

Dude, I totally would have given you a deal on it, too! The Dualile is HUGE. I looked at it at Coo Chi Coo in Mt.Pearl before I bought the b-Ready and had a panic attack thinking about getting it through the isles at Winners in the mall..

You should bring your bee to the next clinic so I can play.. Where did you get yours? It mustn't have been local? I've only ever seen 3 bugs here.

I'm putting more research into this decision than I did into deciding my undergrad degree. I need the stroller to come with a bottle of good wine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC