Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Frontier v pioneer.

Which one is better? My 7 year old was begging me to get her the Frontier, and had room to grow. So I know it will fit the toddler beyond 40 pounds. She refused to sit in the Pioneer, but the 54" height is the same/similar as my current Frontier (original model). So I'm assuming it would last just as long. 7 yr old was too tall for the maestro I was/am considering and just was excited about it. Dh liked the latch on the Frontier.

Of course it means having to wait until July to actually switch her seats. We did officially veto the chicco and Graco options.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Frontier v pioneer.

I believe (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!) that the Pioneer has about the same harness height as the original Frontier, 18ish inches. The new Frontier 90 has 21ish inch harness height. So yes, the Pioneer will last about the same amount of time as the Frontier 80 and the Frontier 90 will last considerably longer, with the Frontier 85 being in the middle somewhere.
    Aurora 5/23/94 (married 3/9/13), Oliver 12/27/95, Simon 9/11/98, Savannah 4/9/00, Harrison 2/26/03, Genevieve 2/24/05, Sebastian 4/24/08-Monterey, Radian XT, or Literider, Magnus 4/26/14-Combi Shuttle 35