CSO Longtimers....you remember when the GN Hit?

ADS

YinzerMama

You know what sucks is my oldest son could have really benefitted from this seat because of how tall he was - but I was such a Britax snob at the time that I wouldn't even consider buying a Graco car seat.

I am older and wiser now. It is a great seat.

Ali

I remember! We bought it for DD on her 4th birthday and she used it harnessed until 7 1/2 and is still using it as a high back booster at 9!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was relatively new around here when the Nautilus first came out. I remember the frenzy of people trying to find them because they were only available at select Wal-Marts. I created an interactive map so people on here could report where they had cited them.

mimieliza

Funny, the first question I posted was whether it had built-in lock offs. I haven't had a seat with lock-offs in years, but at the time I loooooved the SS1 lock-offs.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I got 2 as soon as amazon was shipping them :) Still have one being used as a booster and passed the other on to a friend.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
This is reminding of the threads speculating the new Graco seat (was the My Ride but no name was out at that time) and someone here was a tester for it and she posted a ton of pics and info and then got in trouble from Graco I think because the info wasn't supposed to be publicly out there, and then the thread and all pics were deleted.

mom2juliarose

This is reminding of the threads speculating the new Graco seat (was the My Ride but no name was out at that time) and someone here was a tester for it and she posted a ton of pics and info and then got in trouble from Graco I think because the info wasn't supposed to be publicly out there, and then the thread and all pics were deleted.

I remember that! I just couldn't remember what she was testing. I thought it was the Nauti but now I do recall it was the MyRide.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I remember the long wait we had until it was released in Canada. The longer-lasting seats always came out just after they would have been useful for DS1. :p

Baylor

Well I was not here then, But I remember that I had taken my 4 yr old who out grew his car seat and put him in a booster and hated it. I just did not feel like he was safe. I saw this pop up at Walmart and bought it and LOVED it. I still love it.

They are great seats.

Last edited:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I remember that! I got one for my oldest but hated it. She was 2.5...she's about to turn 9 now.

Qarin

I was on a drive with a mom-friend from Los Angeles to Seattle with my harnessed 3 and 6 year old daughters, and my friend's boostered 3.5 year old son that January. My 6 year old offered to trade seats (she was in a beautiful blue Britax Wizard) with the 3.5 year old, but the 3.5 year old REFUSED. I spent that entire drive, while that impulsive kid played with his seatbelt and fell asleep leaning out of it and generally being a 3 year old in a booster, looking up, calling, and trying to stop at Walmarts to see if they had a Nautilus I could buy for my friend, and not a one did.

msg221

Is it sick that I can remember the exact time that I first saw a Nautilus? It was at BRU when I went with my friend to look at infant seats when she was pregnant with Nour & Zain! I remember thinking what a cool looking seat it was!

jess71903

Ambassador
I was still a lurker at that time, but remember when it came out. Gage was just a few months old, so I wasn't thinking about combo seats much at all. I did think it was very cool, though.

MommyShannon

I wish I had been around back then so I wouldn't have bought one for my 1 year old. I loved our Nautilus seats. I strayed to FR85s for a bit and gave away 2 of our 3 in order to keep friends' kids harnessed, but I am sad to see our last 1 expiring this year. They are also my favorite first booster in our van. I hated the thought if not having one so much that our 4 year old now has an Argos.

cookie123

Mine is expiring this year. So sad. You would think after all these years that they could have improved crotch room and crotch buckle length.

zactayaus

Ironically the GN is how I found CSO! I became a member in Feb. 2008. I was looking for a new harnessed seat for ds2 (he was just about to turn 5yo?). Our Century Nextstep was about to, or maybe alreay had, expired. I found the GN online and loved the looks of it. Every time I tried to do research on it I was directed to CSO. lol. And hence my addiction to CSO and all things car seats was born.:p:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC