Evenflo Buckle Recall Being Announced Today

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Just a heads-up that the recall for Evenflo convertible and combination seats with the "QT" buckle is being announced today. These are the same buckles that Graco was forced to recall recently so we've been expecting this. The recall "fix" will be a different buckle that will automatically be sent to all registered owners with recalled product.

If you have an Evenflo seat that you haven't registered yet - or if you've moved since you registered - you can register the seat online here. You will need the model number and DOM. http://evenflo.com/Support/US_Car_Seat_Registration/

Only Evenflo convertibles and combination seats with this particular Amsafe QT buckle are going to be recalled. Tribute convertibles will NOT be recalled because the Tribute never had the QT buckle. Infant seats are not included in the recall, at least initially, but hopefully Evenflo will follow Graco's lead and make new infant seat buckles available to consumers who request them.

Last year Evenflo stopped using the QT buckle so seats with a recent DOM (Date of Manufacture) shouldn't have these buckles.

More info will be available soon once the recall is officially announced. This is just a heads-up.

Evenflo Maestro with QT buckle.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Keeanh

Someone should give Evenflo the heads-up that they'll gain a leg up on Graco if they include infant seats AND say that it's a flawed product. They better not pull the same "your kid dumped juice in it" garbage.

babyherder

Just got one carseat fixed and now I have to fix another! At least its not a recall that means I have to stop using the seat until I get the fix. Is there any way I can check and see if my seat is registered? I think I registered my Maestro but I'm not sure.

momof3reading

I have an Evenflo Symphony with this buckle, I was wondering if it would be recalled. How quickly will they start shipping? I def sent in my registration card. Thank you for posting.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I have an Evenflo Symphony with this buckle, I was wondering if it would be recalled. How quickly will they start shipping? I def sent in my registration card. Thank you for posting.

Honestly, I have no idea how long it's going to take but they've had some time to prepare for this and their replacement buckles are not the same as the replacement buckles Graco is using (which are in very short supply as you can imagine) so I'm hopeful that consumers will start to see their replacements arrive in the next 2-3 weeks.

tam_shops

I just tried to process my Canadian ones and it said they were fine. Not sure if the system isn't working (yet or right) or if we're still waiting for the recall here! LOL

I have seats from 2010 and 2012, but it also looks like only the 2012 ones were recalled. I'm sure they're the same buckle, but the 2010 ones are at daycare...

As for food making them stick, they can bite me. My kids don't eat in the car (or drink juice anywhere) and ours have always stuck. Remember, I complained way back when and someone suggested d/c lady use a wooden spoon?

tam

Keeanh

And.... they said it..... Don't these companies look at each other's FB pages and see what the public is saying? Ugh...

From Evenflo's statement:
The buckles meet all requirements for crashworthiness, but may become resistant to unlatching over time due to contaminants (like food and drink) that are present in everyday use by toddlers.

Recalls happen.. I get that. But why are they feeding everyone this line about juice/food? Just admit that it is a flawed product and move on for goodness sake. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they are blaming parents. No where does it say "Apple juice may cause buckle to lock permanently". It's a CHILD'S car seat for gosh sakes. A bit of apple juice or a goldfish cracker crumb shouldn't cause buckles to seize.

Rant over.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC