Question what slot is your FFing 4 year old in the radian

mumof2

Lucas is in the 2nd to last slot although looks like I need to move it up to the last slot he doesnt turn 5 till november and is already in size 6 tops
radian.jpg

ADS

Gidgetc13

My 4 year old has been on the top slots since I turned her a few months before her 4th birthday. She will be 5 in August and wears size 5 shirts.

tiggercat

Sam has been on the top slots since turning FF just before his 4th birthday. He is pretty much at the top slot now, at 4yo 7m.

jwilliams

We're on the top slot with a decent amount of space before her shoulders are even with it. 4y6m, 43", 4T shirts.

*posted using the car-seat.org app*

geekKT

I've had him back and forth lately but my DS (two weeks from turning 4) is on the top slots when FF in our RXT. Not by a ton, though, I think he's pretty close to 'at' the set second to top.

Eta: he's wearing mostly 4T shirts these days. Some 5's.

Jessica61624

Top slots with about an inch left. Turned 4 in Feb. Not anywhere ready for a booster and no room for a frontier.
IMAG1472_zps84bec067.jpg

jacqui276

My nephew who just turned 5 is just under the top slot.

DS just turned 2 and is still rfing but is on the 4th slot already. :(

Keeyamah

His on the top slot and in my crazy reclined seats, almost outgrowing it. 4.5, 48lbs, 44", outgrowing size 5 shirts. But also booster training for rides with grandparents. It's actually his baby brothers, he just used it for our 8 hour road trip, easier to climb into when Daddy has his seat all the way back (6' tall).

HappyHoo

Been on the top harness slot since turning FF right after he turned 4 end of last July.

I think he has about 1/2" left before being even - he doesn't ride in it often, but will be today so I'll see if it's any different.

Still wearing some size 5 tops, but needing sz 6 more.

Keeanh

My 5yo was on the 2nd to top when she was 4. Short torso. My 7yo outgrew the Radian FF by the time she was 5. Long torso LOL.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My 3.5 year old is on the top slots in her Radian in my Civic. When I first turned her a few weeks ago I tried her before I installed and the 2nd to top ones were still a bit above her shoulder. But I guess I lost some height when I installed because when we went for a ride they were a tad below. So I moved 'em up a notch.

Unless she puts all her growth into her legs for the next couple of years, she's not going to make it to booster age in the Radian.

zactayaus

My 4yo (will be 5 in 15 days) was just about dead even with the top slots of his RXT in our Chevy Suburban. We recently got a Chevy Traverse and he has magically gained at least an inch of harness height in this car.:D

stephcali

My 22 month old normally uses our radian RF on the 2nd to top slot (4th one?), he is right about even with that slot (the next ones down were falling off his shoulders so I moved him up a hair early). On a recent trip my 4 year old used the radian FF on an airplane and she was also even with the same slots. Apparently they have the same size torso!

Lenae

Sassy rode FF in her RXT this weekend and she has about half an inch until her shoulders are even with the second to top slots.

scoutingbear

The one time my 3 year, 8 month old rode in her radian FF, she was on the second to top slots. 1 pound left before she FF for good in my car. :crying:

amyd

My 3 yo is on the top slot FFing...probably an inch left. Sure hope his torso grows slowly!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC