Radian RXT vs My Ride 70

MUTigers

Does anyone know if the my ride takes up less front to back room than the RXT with angle adjuster when rear facing? If so, roughly how much? An inch? Multiple inches?

I'm going to have both DD and my niece in the car in a few weeks for the first time ever. I can't drive with the RXT behind me, trying to determine if the my ride will be ok.

Also, anything I need to know about installing the my ride? I think I'll be in an '04 saturn ion.

ADS

jacqui276

I found that it took up slightly more room than my radian with angle adjuster when I tried it. It was one of two reasons why I returned my myride.

MUTigers

I found that it took up slightly more room than my radian with angle adjuster when I tried it. It was one of two reasons why I returned my myride.

Hmmmm... May have to rethink my vehicle plan.

Anyone know if the two puzzle well in an '08 jeep Liberty?

littleangelfire

Awesome! Thank you!

It says the RXT gained 5" and the my ride gained 3", so does that mean the my ride takes up more space?

Subbing this b/c I ound the chart very confusing to figure out what on earth 'space gained' was. Space gained from what?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Subbing this b/c I ound the chart very confusing to figure out what on earth 'space gained' was. Space gained from what?

Quote from the blog: Below is a table comparing the various convertibles and listing their grade, the amount of space gained in relation to the most space-consuming convertibles tested and the seat’s RF seated height limits.

(Emphasis mine.)

So my understanding is that the "space gained" means that they measured the number of inches gained in comparison to the most bulky seats that they tested. So if the Diono Radian without angle adjuster and the True Fit C670 in the infant position were the most space consuming, they got labeled as "zero" and everything else was measured against those seats.

littleangelfire

Quote from the blog: Below is a table comparing the various convertibles and listing their grade, the amount of space gained in relation to the most space-consuming convertibles tested and the seat’s RF seated height limits.

(Emphasis mine.)

So my understanding is that the "space gained" means that they measured the number of inches gained in comparison to the most bulky seats that they tested. So if the Diono Radian without angle adjuster and the True Fit C670 in the infant position were the most space consuming, they got labeled as "zero" and everything else was measured against those seats.

Yeah, I saw that, still very confusing since that's not really a comparable...comparison, lol. And I didn't see it say, maybe I missed it?, which convertibles did indeeed get that bulkiest rating to even know what it's being compared to. Iget the general idea, and it's a great one. But not sure how to even execute that well.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I saw that, still very confusing since that's not really a comparable...comparison, lol. And I didn't see it say, maybe I missed it?, which convertibles did indeeed get that bulkiest rating to even know what it's being compared to. Iget the general idea, and it's a great one. But not sure how to even execute that well.

At the bottom of the chart are the Radian and TF, at 0" gained. So those are the ones that take up the most room. As you go up the list, you gain more and more space in comparison.

So a Pria will gain you 7.5" more front-back space than the Radian without the angle adjuster.

The test was done with the front seat in the same position in all cases, so it's just a comparison for that particular car, but the variables are the same throughout, so it gives a good idea.

littleangelfire

At the bottom of the chart are the Radian and TF, at 0" gained. So those are the ones that take up the most room. As you go up the list, you gain more and more space in comparison.

So a Pria will gain you 7.5" more front-back space than the Radian without the angle adjuster.

The test was done with the front seat in the same position in all cases, so it's just a comparison for that particular car, but the variables are the same throughout, so it gives a good idea.

So I did miss that part! Thank you. I got the general idea, and with that extra info that I missed it now makes more sense.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC