Will Britax replace my cover?

MotoMommaNH

This is my 3.5yo seat that my DH just took out of his car to give it a spring cleaning. Am planning on handing this down to baby in 6/7 months...but not like this!

ForumRunner_20140402_215148.png

ForumRunner_20140402_215208.png

ForumRunner_20140402_215226.png

The DOM on the seat is 1/11...I wouldn't think in three years the cover would deteriorate this much. I mean this is kind of silly. Its just been installed in a car with the occasional headrest/harness adjustment. I put the new Nautilus in DHs car so we are done using it for now, but ill need it in the near future.
I know its not under manufacture warranty any longer, but will Britax help me out here?

ADS

HappyHoo

I've found Britax to usually have good customer service. I think if you e-mail them those pictures and nicely ask what can be done, that they might send a replacement cover for the headrest.

That does look excessive for "normal wear and tear" after 3 years. Fading I would expect - but not coming apart like that.

Dillipop

Sometimes they are great, other times not so much. Can't hurt to call and see what they say. Make sure you ask that they review the pictures if their first response is no.

That is significant, and unusual (as far as I'm aware). I would definitely call, armed with photos ready to email. I've never seen anything like that, especially not on a 3 year old seat. My G2 MA is a 2010 sometime and has nowhere near that kind of damage, despite being used by a cousin of mine constantly. The back of the headrest cover is really thin on the MA, though. Nothing like their old covers...sigh.

EmmasMom

My Decathlons did the same thing, but worse... I'll see if I can post a picture later. I never thought to call about it... I just assumed it was from FL sun/heat.

MotoMommaNH

Oh and I might add that I also have a Cowmoo MA70...that has not faded, thinned or ripped in the least. Bought right around the same time.

This cover is Jet Set from BRU

MotoMommaNH

Well, I emailed them yesterday with 3 pics. Last time I emailed they took a couple days to get back, so hopefully I hear soon!

tam_shops

I'd absoultely try and have your seat and credit card handy. I once called, was told they'd replace my seat, but had to call back w/ credit card. When I called back, spoke to someone else and was told they would not replace the seat (broken cup holder on few month old Frontier). I just hung up and called back a 3rd time and that person was also said it had to be replaced, you couldn't repair/replace those cup holders...

tam

MotoMommaNH

So it took them until the 12th to respond to my email. I didnt follow up with a phone call as honestly its not a huge deal as we aren't using the seat. Their email simply requested my contact info and all the info on the seat. That they want to process my warranty claim as soon as possible.
I politely reminded them that it was in my original email I had sent and copied and pasted it again. They acknowledged and that was that.

Fast forward to today (28th), and I came home to a package on my doorstep. A brand new G4 Jet Set cover was inside! New belly pad, pillow and all. Wow! Did not expect that haha.

So, thank you Britax! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC