Help me toss my Nautilus!

cookie123

It expires at the end of the year. I didn't think to check the expiration before hand. I got the new buckle ask I took the seat apart and cleaned it and washed the cover. The chest clip got in there and broke. So tell me to just get rid of it. Matthew is riding in a booster seat now and we really don't need it, so why store it until December, right? Why is so hard to let perfectly good seats go when they're expired!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
All of it expires in December? Or just the harnessed portion? I can't recall if they always had different dates for the two uses.

Because I'd probably keep it for a spare booster at least, even if the booster part expires in December.

MommyShannon

All of it expires in December? Or just the harnessed portion? I can't recall if they always had different dates for the two uses. Because I'd probably keep it for a spare booster at least, even if the booster part expires in December.
I think the harness and HBB are the same date. The bottom is longer. Oh, how I wish the whole booster lasted longer. DS's expires in December too.

cookie123

All of it expires in December? Or just the harnessed portion? I can't recall if they always had different dates for the two uses.

Because I'd probably keep it for a spare booster at least, even if the booster part expires in December.

And you're not supposed to say that! My car seat shelf is filling back up after I had it almost empty! And I have 3 booster seats out there, a Monterey and 2 no backs - a Harmony and something else.

But now you got me thinking. Maybe I should wait. Matthew could flunk booster riding.:) As far as I know he's doing okay though.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, well if you have plenty of back up boosters, then I wouldn't worry about it. I tend not to have spare seats, so I wouldn't toss it, but sounds like your well backed up. :ROTFLMAO:

HappyHoo

I had one of those Nautiluses too that would have expired in Dec this year until it was in an accident.

Yes, just toss it - but do you know someone who could get use out of the lbb feature for the next 3 1/2 years? If so, I'd probably give it to them.

Baylor

Don't toss it. Save the base order a new back and you can use the seat for another 3 years, or gift it to someone. 3 yrs is 3 yrs.

cookie123

Can't you just use the one you have? It's not like it's expired yet! Let me know how much the new back costs. I suppose a person could also get a new harness. Actually, I already have a new harness - 2 of them. Graco sent me replacements for some reason I don't recall now. I might have bought them and didn't use them since the harness fabric is cheaper feeling than the original. I think that's what it was. If you want one, let me know.

Never mind. It was $10 bucks, and then I realized you would also need the head support which was $12. Maybe a spare cover for someone?

MommyShannon

It was just in the car. I had to bring it inside last night anyway though to fit another kid in the back so I have it now.

cookie123

It was just in the car. I had to bring it inside last night anyway though to fit another kid in the back so I have it now.

Oh, right. Mine's on the kitchen table so it didn't occur to me. I would have gladly shared it's numbers! Actually I usually have the card in my car seat drawer with the pertinent info on it too just so I don't have to uninstall when info is needed. I'm a bit nerdy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC