Tall boosters

ADS

MommyShannon

Yes, it goes to 21.5". The new Cambria is probably similar but likely requires head support behind it. The Cosco Pronto is really tall but requires head support. The tallest booster that you might be able to still get is the FR85 in booster mode followed by the FR90.

cookie123

22.5 for the Cosco Pronto and the Safety FIrst Air Protect . I just looked them up yesterday on the measurements page.

cookie123

Are the Pronto and Air Boost good comfy seats?

I haven't seen either one so I don't know. They're cheaper seats, so there's that. The Air Boost has big head wings, I know. I'm planning on getting one or the other when ever I have some days off.

thekatie

Are the Pronto and Air Boost good comfy seats?
J2 always liked it. He outgrew it pretty quickly after we got it, I just wanted a high back for a long distance trip. We use it for friends' kids now and they all seem to like it too.

thekatie

how old was he when you got it?
Ummm... 9? I think? A few months away from 10. Yes, he was still 9. He had been in a backless for years, and right or wrong, I wanted a high back booster for interstate travel from Tennessee to Florida. That seat was recommended to me (here!) as the cheapest tallest seat.

The girl using it now is almost 9, but about the size of an average 6 year old girl. She honestly looks swamped in it, but since she's all leg the seat depth doesn't bother her.

E&A0607

My older dd is 7.5 and small, but all torso. she is in a backless in my car and high back in my DH. only because we couldn't find a backless that worked well in his vehicle. My little one is 6y3m and tall - same size as her sister - so I know she will outgrow the backs on her gracos soon. so I'm exploring options :) I have another Dionno Santa Fe waiting for her, but would rather keep her in a high back. We have a SGL in my moms car - again terrible seat angle made finding a backless hard

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC