Stroller for tall kid?

eduller

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this question or if it's even appropriate.

I need a new stroller for my 3 year old. She's 42 inches, 40 lbs, all torso. We are going to Disney for SIX days in the fall, and I cannot expect her to walk all day for 6 days. The stroller I have right now is the Joovy Scooter. I like it very much except that she is too tall in the torso as well as she will not keep her feet on the foot support, so they drag on the ground. I'm afraid she's going to jam her foot and break an ankle.

Does this even exist: I want a NOT jogging stroller with a tall seat back that can hold 45+ pounds. Ideally, I'd like to get a sit and stand type of deal because I feel like she would enjoy being able to hop on and off. She just will not stop dragging her feet down on the ground either. So I was thinking of getting one of those "glider boards" and attaching it to the FRONT of the stroller so when she dangles her feet off, they will rest on the glider board. I would like to spend under $300. Bonus points for folding up easily and having a large basket. I don't care how big or small or heavy or light it is. I have googled the heck out of this, but I haven't found the perfect thing yet.

ADS

wavegal

sounds like your best bet would be a BJ City Mini, i don't know of any stroller you can connect a ride on board to the front of.

eduller

I am thinking that if I got a regular stroller rather than a jogger, I could easily connect a glider board to the front, as long as I got a universal one that connects to the upright tubes rather than the horizontal bar in the back.

Mary_Ann

My dd is 5.5 yo, 43" and 45 lbs, all legs! I have a britax b-ready and a b-agile and I prefer the b-agile for her. She has a lot of space for her feet and they don't touch the ground. The stroller is easy to push even though she's heavy.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A friend of mine wishes she'd brought her Maclaren to Disney for her 7 year old, but ended up renting the City Mini and he absolutely loved it, especially hiding under the big canopy. They are on clearance now at BRU for $200 if you want to give one a look-see. Mamas and Papas Tour is 179, it's tall with a decent leg-drop from seat to footrest, which is what you need. Buggy boards are a pain to deal with even on the back of the stroller, you'd be really hating the steering and pushing if you tried to hook it to the front, I'm afraid.

creideamh

Cybex Onyx (or Ruby if you want lightweight)? They're super tall, push easily with heavy kids, and are umbrella-style so I guess a board could be in the front though I think that would look kinda weird. :p The footrest is correctly positioned though on them so the feet don't dangle (unless she purposely flings them off.)

YinzerMama

joggerish but the baby jogger city elite will hold a huge kid and i think has a raise-able foot rest thingy that might foil her hanging her feet off the edge? if it is anything like my summit x3 the seat will be nice and high off the ground anyway so that might help. (it has been years since i have seen an elite in the flesh)

you can get last years model for under 300 on amazon

wnkw

We've been going to Disney 5-7 days at a time and take bjcm or b-agile. I prefer the b-agile but take the bjcm just BC I don't care if something happens to it.have you considered renting? Apple is cheap.

Dd6 is almost 60lbs and almost 47inand rides in both if dd1 isn't init.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

NatNat's Mom

We have a Maclaren Triumph for our 4 yr old. She's about 40lbs & 45". It was super easy to navigate around Magic Kingdom on out last trip. It's also lightweight, very easy to fold/unfold, & it reclines. The Maclaren Volo is another option to look at. It weighs even less than the Triumph. But it doesn't recline.

xursusmaritimusx

another baby jogger city mini vote here.

my 49" 7 year old sometimes hops a ride in ours (not often but if DS isnt riding and shes tired i'll let her) but she still "fits". she wears a 7/8 top and 8 pants.

of course her legs are dangling out but shes just hopping a 5 min ride :p

SavsMom

another baby jogger city mini vote here.

my 49" 7 year old sometimes hops a ride in ours (not often but if DS isnt riding and shes tired i'll let her) but she still "fits". she wears a 7/8 top and 8 pants.

of course her legs are dangling out but shes just hopping a 5 min ride :p

Yep - my 6 year old does the same thing with ours.
You really can't go wrong with the bjcm - great fold, nice recline, good seat height, turns on a dime, lightweight.....

mom2juliarose

If you don't want the BJCM because it's a "jogger" then I'd say a Maclaren. We have a Techno now and had a Triumph with DD. DS isn't as big as your DD (he's 40" and 38 pounds and all torso, though) and he fits great in the Techno. It's our go-to stroller for long park days, even though we have a BJCM.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC