Quick help with old jeep

wnkw

Our odyssey is not working (hopefully only for a few days) and mil is being difficult about us borrowing a vehicle. The only other spare is my dad's jeep that he just uses for joy rides. It is around 89 model. I need to transport dd6 and possibly dd1. All we have is fr85s, turbo booster, and blvd (whichever is g3). What should I do.

I'm hoping it does have seatbelts in the backseat. Can I put a fr85 back there? Dd6 is between 55-60lbs. What about top tether? (It is installed in van with one) If no, Can I but a booster in the front seat?

Dd1 doesn't have to ride, but in an emergency what should I do?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

soph's mom

An 89 will have belts back there but they may be lap belts. I would personally use the frontier 85s.... The seat backs are very low w no head support. I have a 00 wrangler and a 78 cj7 and I would keep my child harnessed as long as possible in either just for added safety (and definitely if it does only have the lap belts)

wnkw

He decided to drive it and brought us his current body style f-150 to use. Did would like to ride in it with him sometime so I am curious about how to install fr85

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC