Packing an RSTV

kookaburra

When packing a RideSafer Travel Vest in a suitcase, is it important to keep it fairly flat? Or can it be folded a bit? I don't want to compromise the integrity of the vest.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have no idea. But could you NOT pack it just in case? Maybe have the kiddo wear it not buckled (for easy removal when you go through the scanners) and lay it flat on the floor under the seats.

kookaburra

I'm sure I can figure out a way to pack it flat. I just need to experiment with our different bags. I'm not keen on having my kid wear it as that's one more thing I've got to keep track of on the plane. (We're a carryon-only family because we usually fly standby.) I was just curious about how much the vest could be manipulated.

Athena

I don't actually know that, but I do know it fits well in a small carry on rolling suitcase flat, like small enough to go under the seat, if that helps. I've only done it that way and it worked great. Good luck!

U

Unregistered

Ive flown several times with the rstv in my carryon. Several times it has upset tsa. Resulting in me having to unpacking it and getting a pat down. The metal clips are what they said was the issue.
I now just take it out and put in the bin with my shoes and liquid baggie.
Never worried about how it was folded. I close it so the Velcro doesn't attach to anything else. I use the tether so that probably has the shoulders rolled back some

kookaburra

Ive flown several times with the rstv in my carryon. Several times it has upset tsa. Resulting in me having to unpacking it and getting a pat down. The metal clips are what they said was the issue.
I now just take it out and put in the bin with my shoes and liquid baggie.
Never worried about how it was folded. I close it so the Velcro doesn't attach to anything else. I use the tether so that probably has the shoulders rolled back some

Oh, that's good to know.

newyorkDOC

I shove mine on the front pocket of the luggage with the front of the vest towards the inside. That makes it accessible once we need to get it out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC