Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packing an RSTV

Packing an RSTV

When packing a RideSafer Travel Vest in a suitcase, is it important to keep it fairly flat? Or can it be folded a bit? I don't want to compromise the integrity of the vest.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Packing an RSTV

I have no idea. But could you NOT pack it just in case? Maybe have the kiddo wear it not buckled (for easy removal when you go through the scanners) and lay it flat on the floor under the seats.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

I'm sure I can figure out a way to pack it flat. I just need to experiment with our different bags. I'm not keen on having my kid wear it as that's one more thing I've got to keep track of on the plane. (We're a carryon-only family because we usually fly standby.) I was just curious about how much the vest could be manipulated.

CPS Fanatic

I don't actually know that, but I do know it fits well in a small carry on rolling suitcase flat, like small enough to go under the seat, if that helps. I've only done it that way and it worked great. Good luck!

Unregistered

Ive flown several times with the rstv in my carryon. Several times it has upset tsa. Resulting in me having to unpacking it and getting a pat down. The metal clips are what they said was the issue.
    I now just take it out and put in the bin with my shoes and liquid baggie.
    Never worried about how it was folded. I close it so the Velcro doesn't attach to anything else. I use the tether so that probably has the shoulders rolled back some

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ive flown several times with the rstv in my carryon. Several times it has upset tsa. Resulting in me having to unpacking it and getting a pat down. The metal clips are what they said was the issue.
    I now just take it out and put in the bin with my shoes and liquid baggie.
    Never worried about how it was folded. I close it so the Velcro doesn't attach to anything else. I use the tether so that probably has the shoulders rolled back some
    Oh, that's good to know.

I shove mine on the front pocket of the luggage with the front of the vest towards the inside. That makes it accessible once we need to get it out.
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard