I got a new Evenflo buckle today.

cookie123

Emailed them about my sticky SecureKId buckle and they said they would send me a new one with an envelope to pick up the old one in one week and instructions for cleaning the buckle. I got no reply to my first email. The buckle came with neither of those things. Here's a pic of the new one on the seat and the old one. It's gigantic! image-575158500.jpg

ADS

Keeanh

My Sureride came with that new buckle. I don't have any complaints, although it took my a while to get used to buckling it. There's something weird about it that's not quite as intuitive as the IMMI buckles. But yeah, it is big. Almost as big as the '09 - '11 Graco circle ones LOL. I think those look hilarious on newborns.

aporthole

Be prepared for the UPS or FedEx guy to come knocking on your door in a week or two to pick up your buckle. The same thing happened to me 10 months ago when I requested a replacement buckle from them. Got the new one but no return envelope. About a week later UPS (or FedEx, can't remember which) showed up at my house to pick up the buckle to return. No advance notice at all.

cookie123

They said UPS would come in a week. WHat did you do? Maybe I'll just put the old one in the original package the new one came in and leave it on the door for the UPS guy!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's actually the old Evenflo buckle. They've quietly moved back to their old one after Graco's fiasco.

Wendy

cookie123

Really? I was thinking it reminded me of the one on my Avenue. But I haven't seen that in a while so I wasn't sure.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
No need to worry - these aren't some old batch of buckles. They also used these buckles on the Maestro,Tribute and Titan 50 before they switched to the QT buckles. They actually kept these buckles on the Tributes and never switched from what I can tell. My Evenflo order last year of Embrace 35s, Tributes, Titan 65s, Maestros & Secure Kids featured the QT buckles on most of the models - except the Tributes. All my 2013 DOM Tributes still had this buckle which I was grateful for.

YinzerMama

Evenflo actually switched FAR before the Graco recall. Maybe Septemberish?

Yes I remember reading about it last fall. They changed the buckles and said to call if you had issues with an old buckle, at the same time they announced that they improved the recline foot on the sure ride.

cookie123

I think I called them then for new a new buckle and they said there was no problem or didn't know what I was talking about or something like that.

tcd

I'm trying to recall which buckle I looked at two weeks ago at Babies R Us (preshopping with my 38# 5yo DD who's about to outgrow her Marathon). The store display model (a 300) had a buckle I found very difficult to press, and I came away saying I wouldn't get that seat. Can anyone speak to the replacement buckles' ease of use?

(Since our cars are a Honda Fit and a Toyota RAV4 and we anticipate occasional need for three-across seating I think my primary concern is outer seat width, so I'm still hoping to have a look at a Harmony Defender before I buy this or a Nautilus.)

lgenne

We have a Triumph, DOM 2009 or 2010, I'd have to check. It looks like the same buckle to me. No issues.

cookie123

The buckle is big/heavy but it opens easily enough and the tongues kind of pop right out which I like. I suppose bigger means easier to handle right? I'm not planning to use the seat. I'm going to sell it. Matthew is boostered now.

Cnidaria

Oh, boo. I just got the Amazon notification of the Evenflo recall, and came here for more info. I was hoping they were going to send out IMMI buckles :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC