Is there a cheaper booster that would last quite a while - high back?

cookie123

I'm going to get Matthew a booster for his stepdad's car. He isn't in it often and step dad wants something minimalist. What might be a good option?

ADS

cookie123

I thought that was one of the more liked ones. It looks extremely narrow on the interior. Is that a problem?

Keeyamah

What about the Costco Pronto? It requires headrest support, but doesn't it have a 21" HBB belt guide? Just throwing it out there, I haven't seen it, so I don't know what it looks like.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The Amp HBB provides great belt fit and is easy to buckle but it's not very tall (same max height as Turbo) and it doesn't offer good sleep support. It's not narrow at all - actually it's quite wide (outside and inside).

Pronto is much, MUCH taller - it just requires adequate head support from the vehicle and the back feels really flimsy.

Boost Air is just as tall as Pronto (I think - don't hold me to that) and has much deeper headwings with Air Protect technology.

cookie123

The Amp HBB provides great belt fit and is easy to buckle but it's not very tall (same max height as Turbo) and it doesn't offer good sleep support. It's not narrow at all - actually it's quite wide (outside and inside).

Pronto is much, MUCH taller - it just requires adequate head support from the vehicle and the back feels really flimsy.

Boost Air is just as tall as Pronto (I think - don't hold me to that) and has much deeper headwings with Air Protect technology.

I looked on the measurements document. The Boost Air and the Pronto are 22.5 inches for the highest belt guide. The Amp was 19.5 - 20 I think. I don't know which I'll get. I'm trying to sell some seats so whenever that happens!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC