I Love the Nextfit Zip.....

kimmylynnk

I love the Nextfit Zip. The cover easily zips off, there are soft straps to keep the buckles on the sides while loading 2yr old and its easy to install.... And we can RF for a long time! I'm so happy with this seat!

ADS

thepote

Can you post a pic of the soft strap holders? Do they keep the buckles from sliding down under the child?

YinzerMama

They look like a second set of neck pads but under the buckles. It would be nice if they're offer them as an accessory for the other seats, but that would encroach on the BRU exclusive thing I guess...

tesslouise

Dang. What is the ONE thing I would change about our NextFit? Not having to dig the @#$% straps out from under the baby. Seriously, the ONE thing. Had I known a couple months ago that the Zip would be coming out, we would have just put the baby (OK, she's 19 months) in the Britax that will expire in July and waited. Dang.

thepote

Yeah I'm so impressed they changed all the things I didn't like about the seat - the strap covers, digging out the buckles, and the fact that I washed the cover once and was glad I was selling it because I wouldn't want to again (the tucking - ugh !)

daniele_ut

They look like a second set of neck pads but under the buckles. It would be nice if they're offer them as an accessory for the other seats, but that would encroach on the BRU exclusive thing I guess...

I called Chicco on Friday to ask about the harness management system being sold as an accessory and was told that it will be available separately but not for a few months. I have no idea how reliable that info is and I forgot to ask about the zip cover being sold separately.

I'm already sick of digging the buckles out from under DS's butt constantly. If I had paid full price for mine it would have been returned by now!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I agree on all counts. I guess I kind of trust that if a manufacturer doesn't say something at the ABC Kids Expo, it won't be happening in the next year. Our baby still fits in her infant seat and if I'd known that we could get this version if the seat by waiting a bit, I would have.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's funny, we aren't supposed to be selling them at BRU, even though we have tons in stock and the photo display is up :rolleyes:
But I had some new parents immediately return their unopened NF to get a new zip, and I sure as heck wasn't going to not let them have it :p

Glad it's worth it, I can't wait to open one and play with it next time I go to work.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's funny, we aren't supposed to be selling them at BRU, even though we have tons in stock and the photo display is up :rolleyes:
But I had some new parents immediately return their unopened NF to get a new zip, and I sure as heck wasn't going to not let them have it :p

Glad it's worth it, I can't wait to open one and play with it next time I go to work.

Why aren't you supposed to be selling them? Are they online-only? If not, do you know when they'll be on shelves? I was planning to go to BRU tomorrow to check them out because I have an unrelated return, but I will just hold off on that trip if I can wait until they'll reasonably be on shelves . . .

kimmylynnk

They DO keep the buckles from going under his bum.... And they stay to the side when putting ds in. I bought it at BRU Friday. I only had the other nextfit for a couple weeks and didnt use it because we were out of town... and I had all of the box items and the box! Thank goodness. It's like Chicco read my mind for the new release. I'll post a pic today of the buckle straps.... I was comparing this to the Peg Perrego they had next to it at BRU... I love this one and I'm hoping I made the right choice!! Always looking for a better carseat!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Why aren't you supposed to be selling them? Are they online-only? If not, do you know when they'll be on shelves? I was planning to go to BRU tomorrow to check them out because I have an unrelated return, but I will just hold off on that trip if I can wait until they'll reasonably be on shelves . . .

It's just this 'thing' they have where we aren't supposed to put out floor models or sell new products until certain dates. I can't remember exactly now, I know we are supposed to be doing our 'big reset' on Tuesday, so that's a good bet that stuff will be out to see at most stores nationwide. (Super sweet new Chicco stroller, all new graco stuff, new evenflo seats, really nice graco jogger, and the Zips, I'm actually bummed my dh is out of town and I can't leave him home with the kids and go into work early to help build stuff that day, lol)

katymyers

It's just this 'thing' they have where we aren't supposed to put out floor models or sell new products until certain dates. I can't remember exactly now, I know we are supposed to be doing our 'big reset' on Tuesday, so that's a good bet that stuff will be out to see at most stores nationwide. (Super sweet new Chicco stroller, all new graco stuff, new evenflo seats, really nice graco jogger, and the Zips, I'm actually bummed my dh is out of town and I can't leave him home with the kids and go into work early to help build stuff that day, lol)
Like stores that get new movies or albums a week in advance of the official 'release date' and can't sell them until that day :mad: lol.

1mommy

I'd love to hear more about the new chicco stroller... Thanks :)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
So... what combinations of sales and coupons get the best price on one? My sister and I have 4 convertibles for DNe between us and of the two that are compatible with the 90 'Burb (Sis's only family vehicle) one was crashed 3 weeks ago and one is expiring in May.

YinzerMama

I hope if they make them available they make them in all colors or at least in colors that look OK - when they said they were going to release the improved neck pads for sale they only had the one ugly color for the longest time on line and you couldn't even order the color you wanted if you called directly you couldn't order the color you wanted - although I read of people getting them to send them for free when they called and complained, as a "good will gesture." (I had no such luck)

Just checked and they still only have the ugly ones for sale.

I've gotten used to digging the buckles out so I think I'd only consider the harness management pads if they were the color I need for maybe for resale value.

I don't think the zip part does much for me since the headrest was the biggest pain to remove the cover from and it doesn't appear to zip?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd love to hear more about the new chicco stroller... Thanks :)

It's called the Urban, and it's a bugaboo cameleon-looking thing, according to the picture on the box... Funny, I couldn't even find it googling yet...? I can't wait to get it out and play with it!

Edit, found it... http://www.rakuten.com/prod/chicco-...s&adid=18184&gclid=CP6Q6vSFvb0CFcg7OgodcFIAsg (evidently 'buy.com' was too hard of a webpage for people to remember, of course rakuten.com is much clearer and simpler, roflmao!)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So... what combinations of sales and coupons get the best price on one? My sister and I have 4 convertibles for DNe between us and of the two that are compatible with the 90 'Burb (Sis's only family vehicle) one was crashed 3 weeks ago and one is expiring in May.
It's 329 at BRU, so a 20% coupon is the simplest, apply for a credit card for an extra 15% if you get approved. Basically, the best price, isn't great.

MotoMommaNH

It's called the Urban, and it's a bugaboo cameleon-looking thing, according to the picture on the box... Funny, I couldn't even find it googling yet...? I can't wait to get it out and play with it!

Edit, found it... http://www.rakuten.com/prod/chicco-urban-color-pack-coal/263219899.html?listingId=336460004&scid=pla_google_Toys%22R%22Us&Babies%22R%22Us&adid=18184&gclid=CP6Q6vSFvb0CFcg7OgodcFIAsg (evidently 'buy.com' was too hard of a webpage for people to remember, of course rakuten.com is much clearer and simpler, roflmao!)

Are ....you....kidding me???? Ughh, I bought a BJVersa and Keyfit adapter and then this comes out? Gah

YinzerMama

I played with the urban at bru and it was nice. If I hadn't gotten my versa as an open box for a steal I would have been mad lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC