Car Rental for 8 People

Ali

We are going to San Francisco this summer for a wedding. It will be me, DH, DD (9), my dad, mom, brother, SIL, 10 month old nephew.

Does anyone know if it's even possible to get a rental car for 8 people?

ADS

T4K

If there are two competent drivers, 2 midsize cars will likely be cheaper and easier to obtain than a 8-seater SUV or van.

Brianna

Isn't it usually an issue that rental companies can only guarantee a vehicle in a category will be available, but not a specific vehicle? Unless a category is "minimum 8 capacity" then I could see an issue where they have a van or SUV available but it doesn't actually hold 8 people. I would think 2 sedans would be easier.

T4K

Isn't it usually an issue that rental companies can only guarantee a vehicle in a category will be available, but not a specific vehicle? Unless a category is "minimum 8 capacity" then I could see an issue where they have a van or SUV available but it doesn't actually hold 8 people. I would think 2 sedans would be easier.

Yup. I've rented many many many vans and suvs and can't ever remember getting an 8 seater.

tl01

Yup. I've rented many many many vans and suvs and can't ever remember getting an 8 seater.

I believe the sienna le does come as an 8 sweater by default. I have rented it in the past. But I agree it might be easier to get two cars.

jordansmom

We had the option of the 8 passenger last time we flew to FL and rented a van. We only needed to seat a max of seven for two days once we drove to one of our destinations, so we didn't end up taking it.

OP-how much space will you need for luggage? Even if you can get an 8 seater, you wont have that much storage space for a ton of luggage. In that case, id agree on renting two vehicles.

Ali

Thanks everyone. We'll all be arriving at different times and days, so my dad was thinking one car. I was thinking 2 but I thought I'd check to pacify him :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC