Question Anyone actually seen the KF30 yet?

kmw

Just wondering about the fabric on them... I was in Sears and got a chance to do a feel test on the KF22 in a couple of different patterns - Cubes and Chevron.. both were awful! Rough and felt like they would make for a very sweaty baby :(

Hoping the KF30 is much softer....

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have seen it...but didn't pay much attention other than to notice that it was the 30 and not the 22. The fabric looked the same type to me (I'm not good with cover names), just like this one whatever it's called. No idea if they're all like that. My niece just moved out of one with this fabric and we didn't have any sweaty baby issues at all. I really do love that seat. ETA: no idea why this picture is so enormous, sorry!

90195-infantcarseats-chicco-keyfit30-d-2.jpg

kmw

The pic just popped up for me - that looks like the old Adventure fabric that the KF22 came in.. I can't find anything online like it in the KF30 available in Canada though.. there are only Techno, Pulse and Sedona (all look like the scratchy stuff :( )

Adventure and Race (a red version of Adventure) were more cottony feeling for sure!

Last edited:

cookie123

The covers are nice in that you can wipe stuff off of them. But they have made my 2 grand babies into sweat hogs in the past. I think part of it is the deepness of the seat.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I just installed 2 of them for my SIL - she is expecting twins any day :) They were the pred and black ones, but I don't remember what the fabric really felt like, maybe like the slick Britax Onxy? I can check for sure later this week when I see her again.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Had my hands on the red one today at BRU in Toronto. The grey insert feels a little rough, but I think baby would be fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC