Need a new car - 5K budget

vmmatula

Well I drove the 2014. It is TINY. Way too tiny and according to dimensions it is bigger than 2006. Not really thrilled about it.

yeah, unless you're hauling things that can be carried upright(if your tripod and backdrops even fit heightwise) you're not gaining much space over a sedan unless the seats are down.

I sent you the VIN report on the Freestyle you linked to above.

that dealer looks like they should have some other good options for you in your price range too(or bargaining down to your price range;))
Suburus are known to last forever too plus the Grand cheroke has pretty low miles and the Sedona or Element might be worth checking into also.

Good luck and let me know if you want any more #s run.

ADS

lovemybabybug

Well...I ended up with a 2005 Dodge van. I know buying used dodge cars is not ideal but with my budget and not nota lot of time to find find a vehicle, I feel confident I made the right choice. The guy was able to produce dated receipts for every single service ever done on it, even oil changes. I had my mechanic check it and drive it and out out of everything we tested and saw the past week, he really thought this one was in fantastic condition.

I honestly did not want a van, I have one kid and no plans for more. But overall I think all the space will be nice :)

Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I sure learned a lot in in the last two weeks of researching cars!

agave

I ended up with a van with 2 kids but I also have 2 dogs. The space is nice, I can haul grandparents around too or extra kids. I also fit 2 kids and a new bathtub in mine. If you don't have enough space in a van you need a truck. Enjoy your new ride.

ZanesMom

I'm glad you found a good vehicle and hope you enjoy it. My mom used to have a 2005 Dodge van and traded it in 2011 due to needing a new transmission asap and having trouble finding a rebuilt one. However, she had over 330,000 miles on it. She has regretted trading in the 2005 van ever since as her 2011 has been in the shop way too many times to count.

lovemybabybug

I'm glad you found a good vehicle and hope you enjoy it. My mom used to have a 2005 Dodge van and traded it in 2011 due to needing a new transmission asap and having trouble finding a rebuilt one. However, she had over 330,000 miles on it. She has regretted trading in the 2005 van ever since as her 2011 has been in the shop way too many times to count.

That gives me hope mine will last a long while! The original owner had it serviced through the dealer where he bought the van every single time it needed something done, even oil changes were done through them.So I am hoping that since he took such good care of it all of these years, it will not give me too much trouble and last me a while. The only thing it needs is a valve or something that my nephew said he can put it really easily, but part of me wants to take it to the dealer and keep doing the maintenance through them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC