Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Need a new car - 5K budget

Get a car fax for anything you are considering. Also, I can't tell from the pics but is one of the head light lenses more clear than the other? If so, that would lead me to believe that one was replaced... possibly after a crash. It could just be the angle the pic was taken at though.
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I don't blink at 100k+ miles when it comes to Toyotas or Hondas, but I can't say the same about Fords. However, that's where vehicle history checks and mechanic lookovers come in.

Senior Community Member lovemybabybug's Avatar

The more I read about the ford, the less I like it. Looks like a lot of trans issues.

I will report back tomorrow after I look at the scion. The mechanic is coming with me, hopefully the report will be good.
    My Baby Cakes
    6y 10 m - 46.5 inches, 42 lbs
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

www.facebook.com/pollywallphotography

Carseat Crazy
    I had an 07 Freestyle and loved it. It was the perfect car when I needed space but was short on money. I loved it so much that when I upgraded, I bought a Flex, which is almost the same car on the inside.
    Mama to Josie (4/08, 47lbs & 49"), retriever-cat Hotrod, munchkin-cat Gizmo, and hell-cat Leggs.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabybug View Post
    I have an appointment to see a 2006 Scion XB with 70k miles on it tomorrow. That's a private seller and I am taking a mechanic with me.
    Mine had almost twice the miles when I sold it over 2 years ago. It still ran like new. It was an awesome little car, I miss it every time I put gas in my van.
    N - 6/08 51" 59 lbs, Backless Monterey
    E - 11/09 48" 48 lbs, Parkway

Mine had almost twice the miles when I sold it over 2 years ago. It still ran like new. It was an awesome little car, I miss it every time I put gas in my van.

ETA: I took it on a 400 mile trip once with 2 RF kids and 3 adults once. It wasn't excessively comfortable but it worked.
    Last edited by agave; 04-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Did you ever attempt a 3 across in it with 3 harnessed seats? I am totally stressing over that, because I NEED 3 seats in there. One rf, one ff and the other one can go either way. I have 2 radian available If that makes any difference.
    Last edited by lovemybabybug; 04-02-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

I think I read that you have two radians and a MyRide? I am thinking that the MR and radian can sandwich pretty well going the same direction. So either both of those FF next to each other or both RF. Then put the other Radian outboard. I'm guessing FFing two seats will be easier.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Quote Originally Posted by T4K View Post
    I think I read that you have two radians and a MyRide? I am thinking that the MR and radian can sandwich pretty well going the same direction. So either both of those FF next to each other or both RF. Then put the other Radian outboard. I'm guessing FFing two seats will be easier.
    Yup. That's what I have. I also have have a scenera and when I had a classic marathon that worked well too next to the Radian going in in the same direction, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting another one if I have to (plus this car is white with black interior, the cow would look fabulous in it). When summer comes I would like to have a frontier 90 or nautilus center and a Coccoro rf outboard. I only need the 3 across till june.
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

These are the two set ups I used to do in my 99 Pontiac sunfire. I could also put a scenera both rf and ff in the spot where th MR and MA are. It is extremely difficult to get the radian RF in there because of long buckle stalks, so I am prepared for that. I also never tried the angle adjuster in the Pontiac. According to Edmunds the Pontiac has an inch and a half more hip room than the scion, however the arm rests on the back door in the Pontiac cut into the hip room significantly making 3 across complicated and not all seats fit.

Attachment 24670

Attachment 24669
    Last edited by lovemybabybug; 07-20-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

Carseat Crazy

We have a My Ride and a Headwise next to each other in my mom's XB RF. They fit if the. MyRide is on the side of the Headwise without the cupholder. I don't have really anything else to test a three across, only another MyRide and a flex loc, which doesn't work. A person can get in there, not comfortably. It can probably be done with narrower seats.

If you didn't already buy a month of carfax history reports & need any, let me know. I have another week or two paid for that i'm not using. i can run any VIN numbers for you and email you the results...it takes about a minute

Quote Originally Posted by vmmatula View Post
    If you didn't already buy a month of carfax history reports & need any, let me know. I have another week or two paid for that i'm not using. i can run any VIN numbers for you and email you the results...it takes about a minute
    That would be awesome, thank you!!! I texted him for him but he said he isn't home and it is not handy. As soon as he does, I can send it to you.
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by griffinej5 View Post
    We have a My Ride and a Headwise next to each other in my mom's XB RF. They fit if the. MyRide is on the side of the Headwise without the cupholder. I don't have really anything else to test a three across, only another MyRide and a flex loc, which doesn't work. A person can get in there, not comfortably. It can probably be done with narrower seats.
    So awesome to know!! Thank you! I think I should be ok with the 2 radians then. So far I have never had a problem doing doing a 3 across anywhere as long as I had the 2 radians so I am hoping this will be be the case!
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by vmmatula View Post

Here it is

JTLKT324464095198

My email is pollyrwall@gmail.com

I really appreciate it!
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

message sent.
    looks clean

You rock! Thank you so much!! I at the dealership by my house to rest drive one so I can make sure I like it before I drive there tonight!
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

19. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabybug View Post
    You rock! Thank you so much!! I at the dealership by my house to rest drive one so I can make sure I like it before I drive there tonight!
    glad to help!

The only 3 across I did in mine was 2 RF Radians with a RF roundabout in the center. The Roundabout was in there for transport only. The only FF seat I ever had in it was a Frontier 85. Radians don't work either direction in the center.

Well I drove the 2014. It is TINY. Way too tiny and according to dimensions it is bigger than 2006. Not really thrilled about it.
    My Baby Cakes
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus