Booster for stiff, recessed buckle stalks

Dorothy

I feel like we've been through this before, but I thought it might be worth asking again with some of the new boosters since last year.

My pickup ('05 Silverado crew) has stiff, short buckle stalks that basically have to be pried forward out of their space in the seatbacks. Even adults who ride back there routinely need help fishing them out. DD (almost 6.5, currently harnessed in a P70) will be moving into a booster this summer. I am looking at the Maxi Cosi RodiFix, because it's so sleek. It *looks* like it would be the easiest to buckle. But, quite frankly, it's expensive. I'd love some other options!

Other challenges:
*I would love a LATCHable booster.
*My back seat is pretty upright, almost concave, and the headrest effectively pushes forward on taller carseats. The dreaded booster gap is a worry!
*DD is a floppy sleeper and still regularly sleeps even on short trips. She is getting better, but a booster with great support would probably be helpful. (We tried a Vivo last year, but she wouldn't sit straight. It was as if her shoulders were squished even though she's just average in size.) Plus, not having side airbags, I like the idea of deeper head and torso wings.

Posted using the app. :)

ADS

Dorothy

We tried a TB w/ SS in-store again this past weekend. The seat is too deep for her. She wants to scoot forward so her knees bend at the edge.

Has anyone used their P70 in booster mode? With an SG clip? Its really not an ideal solution, because I can't use the recline feature with the headrest raised. The headrest his the window. Without the recline, though, DD head flops way forward. Although, I noticed she was attempting to prop herself up with her elbows on the armrests. That's one thing that worries me about the RodiFix.

DS is rising in a PS. Should I try that in booster mode? DS would be so upset to trade seats, but, if it worked, I suppose I could always trade the P70 for another PS.

This shouldn't be this difficult!

Dorothy

Bumping this, because I'm concerned the RodiFix will not have enough side support for Miss Floppy Sleeper to stand a chance.

Is a Performance Booster worth trying?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's worth a try.

I'm guessing you don't have the budget for a Porsche Junior Seat Plus, which might solve a couple of your issues at least. ;)

Dorothy

It's worth a try.

I'm guessing you don't have the budget for a Porsche Junior Seat Plus, which might solve a couple of your issues at least. ;)

I went and Googled, and, no, I don't think we'll be getting one of those. ;)

I looked at AKDad's Q Fix thread several times. That belt path looks like it could be tricky. I have no hope that an SGL would work for her. Hmmm... I'm kind of at a loss, but, at 6.5, she's asking to try a booster again. She'll have all summer to practice buckling, so finding one she can sleep in is probably #1 on the list at this point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC