Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Best Rear Facing in a captain's seat (Chrysler T&C)

Hello. New Here. I need recommendations for a Rear Facing for my 1 year old DS. He's 22 lbs and maybe 28 inches or so. I LOVE my Chicco Key Fit. I wasn't keen on spending the money on the NextFit, and I also didn't like the look of those huge side "ears" , so I picked up a regular Eddie Bauer at Target. I spent two days trying to make it work in my angled captain's chair. I tried the towel trick too. The user manual even states that it might note work in some cars. Anyway, I'll store that for Grandma when DS can FF . So, what are the best options you've found?? Thanks in advance!
    Kelly

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Best Rear Facing in a captain's seat (Chrysler T&C)

Hi!!! Welcome

That's great that you're looking for a rear-facing seat for your 1yo. Good for you!

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with your vehicle. Since your son sounds to be average size, you can really take your pick of the bigger convertibles. Graco MySize/Size4Me/Headwise, Diono Radian, Evenflo Sureride, Safety 1st Guide 65, Clek Foonf, Peg Perego convertible. If he has a shorter torso, a Graco MyRide, Evenflo Triumph, or Britax convertible could also work. All have pros & cons, and there's a huge price range.

What's your budget?

I'm guessing the Eddie Bauer seat is a 3-in-1. It doesn't make a bad forward-facing harnessed seat. But shouldn't ever be used as a booster, since it doesn't place the belt properly. If you can return it, you might want to do that just so you don't have it sitting around losing years on its lifespan while you're not using it.
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, which has the same sloped captain's chairs. I just moved my 2 year old from a Britax Roundabout 50 into a Chicco NextFit. Both seats are very easy to install in my van. The Roundabout is definitely easier to get him into and out of, though!
    Daniele
    dd1 born/died 4/30/03
    ds1 11yo and 5 stepping it
    dd2 8yo and riding in a Parkway SGL
    ds2 4yo and riding in a Frontier CT and a Tranzitions